Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,474 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I was born and raised in Wisconsin, and lived there until I was 16.(Mainly fox cities area, but also lived in Sheboygan/Hudson/Hartford for a few years, and have family in Milwaukee and Racine so I've spent a lot of time there). I currently live in Northern California, and have for the past few years, but recently decided to move back home for the time being, due to the budget issues in california and just the overall mess of the colleges here currently.
I am planning to attend the Midwest College of Oriental Medicine in Racine, and am looking at places in Racine/Kenosha to live. How is the area? (I'm familiar with Racine, but never spent much time in Kenosha, which is where I'm more leaning towards living). Cost of living? Are there a lot of college-aged students there? Good neighborhoods? Bad neighborhoods?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 07:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,441 times
You are sooo lucky to be moving back to the Racine/Kenosha area. I grew up in Kenosha and am now currently living in FL. I am trying to pursuad my husband to move back to Kenosha. However, I am looking for a job before we can move. I however, moved out of Kenosha in at age 19, the year 1999. I did attend University of Parkside for one sememster before I moved down to FL. I loved it there. I beleive there are a lot of college kids around. THere are many good areas, but some bad. However, without me living there now I can't give you any specifics. I think there is a lot to do in Kenosha. However, when I was 19 I didn't. But when I come to visit my family I love going to the lake, Lake Geneva, a park called Pets. Many things to do there. You are so lucky to move back. Hopefully one day I will too.

Last edited by sdhill; 09-19-2010 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 09-21-2010, 03:04 PM

6 posts, read 16,704 times
Kenosha is a pretty nice neighborhood. Racine has some parts I won't travel through. I live in Lake Geneva however and don't live there. This is just from driving through for school and hanging out with friends but ya..there are some bad neighborhoods hah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin