Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 12:42 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 01:59 PM

8,290 posts, read 23,120,137 times
Way to go, classy

Old 07-16-2013, 11:37 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,615,838 times
Some more recent pictures for you folks to enjoy.

These are done in HDR photography, so it appears they almost look like paintings. All shot by myself.

These were taken yesterday in the Town of Vermont in Western Dane County.

This was taken outside of Sun Prairie, Town of Windsor, Dane County

Taken in Town of Berry, Dane County

These were taken in Marquette County, Town of Buffalo

This was taken outside Portage, Town of Fort Winnebago, Columbia County

This was taken in the Crawford/La Crosse County line area

This was taken in La Grange, Walworth County

Last edited by JoshB; 07-16-2013 at 11:51 PM..

Old 07-18-2013, 07:59 AM

10 posts, read 24,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Some more recent pictures for you folks to enjoy.
These are done in HDR photography, so it appears they almost look like paintings. All shot by myself.
Thanks for sharing Josh! You've caught some great barns in your photos!

Your HDR style is a little heavy for my taste, but I enjoyed seeing the barns none the less.

Please continue to share!

Thanks,

Tom

ps - I am in a Facebook "Old Barns" group- check us out if you are on FB- your photos would be enjoyed there also! https://www.facebook.com/groups/26507485101

Old 07-18-2013, 09:23 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,171,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n9udl View Post
Your HDR style is a little heavy for my taste, but I enjoyed seeing the barns none the less.
Agreed, I prefer the straight-up photos. One of the reasons I started checking in on City-Data in the first place was Josh's cool photos popping up on image searches. Regardless, it's nice to see the shots even if they are overly "impressionistic."

Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,615,838 times
Completely understand guys! That's why photography is all about is being critiqued! I will definitely mix it up more as I'm trying to get out and shoot more photos.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Completely understand guys! That's why photography is all about is being critiqued! I will definitely mix it up more as I'm trying to get out and shoot more photos.
Hey, take it all with a grain of salt... Opinions are like... well, you know. That said, I'll share a bit more.

I am personally trying to find my own HDR "sweet spot", but I am rarely 100% happy with what I produce.

Most of the time, my goal with HDR is "to reproduce what the eye perceives but the camera cannot capture", rather than to convert my photo into a painting-like work of art.

I shoot lots of bracketed exposures (mostly handheld) and then, if I really like a given photo, try both HDR variations (using Luminance HDR) and also conventional photo editing in Gimp- sharing my favorite result.

Sometimes I post HDR and non-HDR versions and let my viewers vote with their likes and comments.

At the end of it all, nothing matters except that *you* like your photo.

But a favorable response from others is nice sometimes.

I just realized that I've neglected this forum for far too long... I better post something.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:13 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,171,018 times
What could be more "favorable" than mentioning the fact that the main reason I'm here is his previous photos?

Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 PM

Default Well Hidden, Almost Forgotten

I took these photos near Dodgeville.

The church and cemetery are hidden from the road, and I am sure that many cars pass by everyday, unaware that they are there.

The driveway looks like a farm road and has a cable across it- very easy to miss.

The site was fairly well maintained for a church which appears to no longer be having weekly services.

The album is here, in case the individual image links are broken later:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10315...80812493141793

And just across the road:

Old 07-18-2013, 01:32 PM

Default Winter Long-Exposure HDR

I shot this last winter, in the field next to my house.

The bright spot is the moon behind the clouds.

Really, it seemed almost pitch black to my eyes- but with a long enough exposure, it almost seems like daytime.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin