Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 03:44 PM

5 posts, read 21,146 times

Advertisements

Anyone know a good weekly motel rental in Sheboygan, Manitowoc or Two Rivers and surrounding areas. I need a place to stay while looking for a rental. Also does anyone know the average amount needed for a deposit to turn on the electricity in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 11:49 PM

298 posts, read 704,479 times
Don't know about utility deposits but Manitowoc Public Utilities (electric and water) is 1-920-683-4600. You can call and ask them. As for hotels or motels I would just Google "hotels" or "motels" in Manitowoc and call to ask about weekly or monthly rates. You have to realize that Manitowoc, Two Rivers and Sheboygan are relatively small cities so there won't be hundreds of motels to choose from. Are you at all familiar with this area and do you have employment lined up? Your previous questions and plans to move in the deepest cold of winter (January) appear not well thought out and seem to show no knowledge of Wisconsin. We'll try to help but please give us more info and put some thought into this move from Florida.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:29 AM

5 posts, read 21,146 times
My husband receives a settlement that supports us monthly so money is fine. Frankly you all on this board know nothing about my situation to say that I am not thinking things out. I have been planning for over 5 months. Not that I have to justify myself but I have a thing called a lease... it runs out in january now I can either get another lease for another year that will still run out in January of the next year or I can move. In case no one noticed moving sucks. I don't want to load all my stuff up move it to a monthly rental, pay a security, utility deposits, moving fees, just so in a couple months I can load it up again and move across the country. I lived in New Hampshire when my husband was in the military we moved up there December 19th from Florida so I know about moving in the winter in a cold environment with snow. I am an adult and I didn't come to this decision lightly so if you guys can't just give me advice without a lecture like I am a child please save it. I also grew up in a small town which was MUCH smaller then Sheboygan so I understand the concept of not a lot of hotels and motels. I am not sure if the concept of Florida up there is we are all idiots but I for one am not and I have lived here for 7 years because of my husbands military service and I can't wait to get out.

I am giving more thought to the move to Wisconsin but mainly because I am really shocked at how confrontational and rude Alle's reply was to a simple question. Since that area is small town its harder to find a weekly rental sicne the smaller inexpensive ones may not advertise as much. I have read this forum for a while and went back and read many of the older posts and I have never seen anyone react this way to someone saying they are moving up there. Normally the replies are nice and thoughtful and friendly. Please tell me this is a not the general attitude there. Again you know NOTHING about me and therefor have no right to judge me because I want to move somewhere in January. I have my reasons and your disapproval and insults and insinuations about my intelligence aren't going to change so stay the hell off my posts if you can't say things without looking like a jerk.

Last edited by tinas74; 10-12-2010 at 06:19 AM..

Old 10-12-2010, 11:21 AM

711 posts, read 1,689,577 times
Yowza, it seems your thread got off to a rocky start. I'm sure you know that one person's reply doesn't represent all of WI or even the people of Sheboygan, Manitowoc, and Two Rivers.

As for advice I have little to none, I'm from Milwaukee and take 1 to 2 trips up to Two Rivers/Manitowoc every December. It seems like a nice area with much of the shopping closer to I-43 and Manitowoc.

I've seen some motels along the highway between Two Rivers and Manitowoc, but you'll really need a local to give you good advice. I can really only suggest spending some time in Point Beach State Park... it's a great spot on Lake Michigan with some very nice trails for skiing or just hiking.

I hope your move goes smooth, I have some extended family in the area and they've been very happy there. Don't let bad first impressions throw you off.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:22 PM

298 posts, read 704,479 times
Giving information and requesting more details was not meant to offend you. I'm sorry that you read it that way. Also in other postings you mentioned changing schools and other appointments as reasons to stay in FL until Jan. You didn't mention having a lease which of course makes a difference. One can only respond to information given. Because unemployment is so high here it is good to know that jobs are not necessary for your family. The concern was that you might make the move here and need immediate employment which would be hard to come by. Others have done that with bad outcomes-didn't want that to happen to you. Good luck with your move whenever it occurs.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:50 AM

425 posts, read 1,955,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinas74 View Post
My husband receives a settlement that supports us monthly so money is fine. Frankly you all on this board know nothing about my situation to say that I am not thinking things out. I have been planning for over 5 months. Not that I have to justify myself but I have a thing called a lease... it runs out in january now I can either get another lease for another year that will still run out in January of the next year or I can move. In case no one noticed moving sucks. I don't want to load all my stuff up move it to a monthly rental, pay a security, utility deposits, moving fees, just so in a couple months I can load it up again and move across the country. I lived in New Hampshire when my husband was in the military we moved up there December 19th from Florida so I know about moving in the winter in a cold environment with snow. I am an adult and I didn't come to this decision lightly so if you guys can't just give me advice without a lecture like I am a child please save it. I also grew up in a small town which was MUCH smaller then Sheboygan so I understand the concept of not a lot of hotels and motels. I am not sure if the concept of Florida up there is we are all idiots but I for one am not and I have lived here for 7 years because of my husbands military service and I can't wait to get out.

I am giving more thought to the move to Wisconsin but mainly because I am really shocked at how confrontational and rude Alle's reply was to a simple question. Since that area is small town its harder to find a weekly rental sicne the smaller inexpensive ones may not advertise as much. I have read this forum for a while and went back and read many of the older posts and I have never seen anyone react this way to someone saying they are moving up there. Normally the replies are nice and thoughtful and friendly. Please tell me this is a not the general attitude there. Again you know NOTHING about me and therefor have no right to judge me because I want to move somewhere in January. I have my reasons and your disapproval and insults and insinuations about my intelligence aren't going to change so stay the hell off my posts if you can't say things without looking like a jerk.
Wow, you need to chill out. You're always going to have problems with people if you're so sensitive and always looking for a reason to be defensive. No one is judging you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin