Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 12:05 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I have a rather odd question. How did this resort get it's name?

Wisconsin Dells Resorts - Chula Vista Resort - 800-388-4782

I'm only curious because I live in Chula Vista Ca. a city of over 200,000, the second largest in San Diego County. I was googling for something to see how close the nearest was to me this place came up LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 07:10 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
Ha I believe it's just a name. That's funny because I used to live in SD and when people talk about CV I think of CV in SD.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Ha I believe it's just a name. That's funny because I used to live in SD and when people talk about CV I think of CV in SD.
Just a coincidence? funny how things work. How do you like WI?

Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
How do you like WI?
I don't care much for the rest of the state since I am more of a city person. Milwaukee would be my favorite city if it was warm year round. I love Milwaukee when it's warm but now it's gray cold windy snowy icy and always dark well not so much fun. I'm not into winter sports so you won't find me snowboarding or skiing anytime soon.

I wish I lived somewhere warm, the north can be very depressing with this weather.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I don't care much for the rest of the state since I am more of a city person. Milwaukee would be my favorite city if it was warm year round. I love Milwaukee when it's warm but now it's gray cold windy snowy icy and always dark well not so much fun. I'm not into winter sports so you won't find me snowboarding or skiing anytime soon.

I wish I lived somewhere warm, the north can be very depressing with this weather.
I want someplace that's a little cooler than San Diego. I hear Milwaukee is a pretty nice city but those winters would be too much for me. I also understand that the summers are not so pleasant either. Is this true?

Old 02-04-2011, 05:45 PM

Cooler than SD I would say San Fran but you already know that. SD is kinda cool anyways, it doesn't get boiling hot there.

Milwaukee has two summers those that live near LK Michigan who rarely have to turn on the air conditioning and those who live away from the Lake. Kinda like the difference between Pacific Beach and Santee weather.

If you live close to the lake in Milwaukee your springs come later and your fall last longer. I have a high tolerance for heat and I think Milwaukee's summers are cool to warm and never hot. I really don't notice the humidity in Milwaukee but many here say it's bad but compared to rural Louisiana and Florida it ain't nothin'.

If you want cooler than SD think Daly City or somewhere in OR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin