Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:46 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Walker didn't break any laws and union can't even keep themselves in balance much less the country.

No real medical professional would issue fake medical documents to push a political agenda, period.
He is breaking the laws that keep this country in balance; greed is good and useful only when it's properly controlled.

So while you are bashing doctors criticizing their professionalism, look closer at this very politician whose professionalism you apparently hold in such high regard;

Ex-AG sees violations by Walker in stunt call
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 PM

365 posts, read 779,700 times
Every time I see Walker I feel pretty nauseous so I think there is merit to the Doctors writing out the slips.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:44 AM

132 posts, read 279,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
He is breaking the laws that keep this country in balance; greed is good and useful only when it's properly controlled.

So while you are bashing doctors criticizing their professionalism, look closer at this very politician whose professionalism you apparently hold in such high regard;

Ex-AG sees violations by Walker in stunt call
?so, this is the second time I have asked can you give me code that Gov Walker broke or are you just parroting something that just might be? any concrete law that was broken would be nice.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:02 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restorey View Post
?so, this is the second time I have asked can you give me code that Gov Walker broke or are you just parroting something that just might be? any concrete law that was broken would be nice.
Well may be it's you who is parroting something that "just might be?"
"a private consultation between doctor and patient" - remember?

Old 04-13-2011, 08:30 PM

9 posts, read 22,884 times
I don't see any difference between this and a physician writing a note for someone who needed a "mental health" day.

It happens all the time - I work in a physicians office and often write these notes myself. Generally, we write them for whatever the patient asks or needs.

Who cares? They have sick days, and these days missed will come from that, whether they were actually sick or not.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:51 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,690 times
HIPPA protects the health history of patients.

Last edited by amerifree; 04-15-2011 at 11:06 AM..

Old 04-15-2011, 09:30 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times
Yikes!

It's kinda scary thinking Drs will write notes for whatever a patient asks for. Is it the same scenario for scripts? Well, I guess Michael Jackson would be a great example of that.

Would students be afforded the same "stressed out" excuse as a teacher if they were absent and caught out shopping?

Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum. JMO

Old 04-16-2011, 08:01 PM

9 posts, read 22,884 times
Obviously it's within reason. I'm sure many doctors write "mental health day" excuses for students also. There are many times a patient could probably go back to school/work that same day, but they get a note excusing them for the remainder of the day. It's a day. It's not a big deal. People do it all the time, in every profession.

Instead of the inmates running the asylum, it sounds like people are particularly nosy about how others are using their personal time. JMO.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:39 PM

132 posts, read 279,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLPearson79 View Post
Obviously it's within reason. I'm sure many doctors write "mental health day" excuses for students also. There are many times a patient could probably go back to school/work that same day, but they get a note excusing them for the remainder of the day. It's a day. It's not a big deal. People do it all the time, in every profession.

Instead of the inmates running the asylum, it sounds like people are particularly nosy about how others are using their personal time. JMO.
Yeah, sure fraud is no big deal just like oral sex is no big deal right Bill Clinton?

Old 04-18-2011, 07:54 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLPearson79 View Post

Sorry, I just kinda like to know what my tax money is paying for. Sorry you think that is being nosy.

I'm shocked at how many people say everyone does this all the time. No wonder employers/tax payers get fed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin