U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 08:07 PM

4 posts, read 6,059 times

Advertisements

i'm 15/male and i live in brookfield. i'm looking for a highschool i can go to. I can't go to brookfield east or brookfield central because i was constantly being bullied at both schools. I can't go to catholic memorial or market high school either because it's to expensive. Is there any other school i could go to?? PLEASE HELP!?!?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 07:14 AM

73 posts, read 202,052 times
I'm so sorry that your high school experience has been so negative!

Have you discussed this issue with your parents or other adults that you trust? Having an adult advocate will help you get results.

If you haven't already, speak to your school guidance counselor or advisor ASAP. He/she may be able to help you solve the issue at your current school or perhaps find an alternative program in the area. I know there is the Alliance School in Milwaukee The Alliance School Milwaukee, but I don't if you or your family will have to pay tuition and if it's possible for you to get to/from a school in Milwaukee each day.

Good luck, be strong.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:32 AM

4 posts, read 6,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snixy View Post
I'm so sorry that your high school experience has been so negative!

Have you discussed this issue with your parents or other adults that you trust? Having an adult advocate will help you get results.

If you haven't already, speak to your school guidance counselor or advisor ASAP. He/she may be able to help you solve the issue at your current school or perhaps find an alternative program in the area. I know there is the Alliance School in Milwaukee The Alliance School Milwaukee, but I don't if you or your family will have to pay tuition and if it's possible for you to get to/from a school in Milwaukee each day.

Good luck, be strong.
my parents called them on the phone. they told me i couldn't go because i dont live in milwaukee

Old 04-01-2011, 08:32 AM

158 posts, read 444,337 times
can you transfer into a nearby district via open enrollment? I know KM takes bullying VERY seriously.
Good luck to you.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:02 AM

73 posts, read 202,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caieva View Post
can you transfer into a nearby district via open enrollment?
New Berlin might be another option. I know the district well and they have really stepped up their anti-bullying programs.

I know how hard and scary it can be to deal with bullying - the sadness and humiliation I felt as a result of bullying caused me to miss nearly a year of school when I was in 7th grade. Looking back, I wish I had known to go to the adults in my school and have them help me solve the issue. If you can't take on the bullies directly - I know that's not always an option - then PLEASE seek out adults at your school who can help you. Sometimes it takes a while to transfer districts, and that's something your parents will have to be on-board with, so you may have to keep going to your current school for a few weeks or even the remainder of this school year.

Plus, by getting adults at your school involved you will be helping other students who are being bullied but might not be brave enough to do something about it. I did a quick search of the terms "bully" and "bullying" on the Elmbrook schools website, and I didn't find anything. You could help do an amazing thing for your community by making sure the schools are going to stand up for and protect you and other students - but the schools need to know it's a problem.

Last edited by Snixy; 04-01-2011 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 04-02-2011, 04:33 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,956,467 times
There are online high schools accredited by the Wisconsin DPI. If you call them you could see if you could get into one of those. You'd be working from home then. Not the best choice if you don't have other social opportunities, but maybe a temporary solution?

Megan

From the DPI site: Virtual Schools (http://dpi.wi.gov/imt/onlinevir.html - broken link)
Virtual Charter Schools for 2010-2011:

Old 04-05-2011, 02:42 PM

6,018 posts, read 7,237,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkidcash15 View Post
my parents called them on the phone. they told me i couldn't go because i dont live in milwaukee
huh quite of few individuals attend MPS from suburbs maybe they lied try other schools

PIUS XI, MILWAUKEE LUTHERAN, JUNEAU, HAMILTON?

Old 04-08-2011, 05:57 PM

132 posts, read 253,393 times
CKC can we get a follow up on this issue please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin