Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:23 PM

365 posts, read 779,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
If you look closely you can tell the difference. You have to watch for several days though to notice.

The women "only" wear packer sweaters or t's 40% of the time while the men wear the stuff 80-90% of the time.
The Pack are reigning Super Bowl champs -- it's 100% of the time for both sexes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 07:01 AM

76 posts, read 121,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
If you look closely you can tell the difference. You have to watch for several days though to notice.

The women "only" wear packer sweaters or t's 40% of the time while the men wear the stuff 80-90% of the time.
So, is there some kind of monitoring template that has been devised to enable this to be done, so I can note dates, times, type of t-shirt/sweater & the designs, duration of usage, climate/temp, what's going on locally, etc?

It will all help and I don't want to make any mistakes you see, which could be embarrassing for both of us if I do and y'kno, in a small town, word spreads quickly...the stares start...dead animals start to appear on my porch...little voodoo dolls of me with pins in certain places....

Last edited by Volt61; 06-29-2011 at 07:24 AM..

Old 06-29-2011, 10:11 AM

711 posts, read 1,688,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt61 View Post
So, is there some kind of monitoring template that has been devised to enable this to be done, so I can note dates, times, type of t-shirt/sweater & the designs, duration of usage, climate/temp, what's going on locally, etc?

It will all help and I don't want to make any mistakes you see, which could be embarrassing for both of us if I do and y'kno, in a small town, word spreads quickly...the stares start...dead animals start to appear on my porch...little voodoo dolls of me with pins in certain places....
You could just avoid any faux pas and wear Packers zubaz 24/7. You're only allowed one pair and you can only wash once a week though.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:03 AM

76 posts, read 121,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse276 View Post
You could just avoid any faux pas and wear Packers zubaz 24/7. You're only allowed one pair and you can only wash once a week though.
But wouldn't that be for their benefit, not mine?

Old 06-29-2011, 06:08 PM

365 posts, read 779,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt61 View Post
But wouldn't that be for their benefit, not mine?
You seem pretty obsessed by it, I'd say definitely your benefit.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:05 AM

275 posts, read 416,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbug View Post
my turn:

"Anyone considering moving to texas/nm/al/ms/az/fl/etc. should spend a summer there"

But I hear the twin cities of MN are even colder!

I'm a native of Texas, and yes, it is hot here right now. On the other hand, the winters are relatively mild (as compared to Wisconsin's winters). Areas of Texas do get snow or ice that forces the closure of schools at times due to the lack of snow and ice removal equipment. (For example, the week of the Super Bowl this year was unusual for the amount of ice on the roads and ground in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.) For me being able to go out and about when I want to is key to my happiness. I like lots of sunshine. The heat in the summer can get old, but I can't imagine being as isolated as I imagine I would be during a Wisconsin winter.

By the way, I have visited your beautiful state during the summer a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed my visit. I met many very friendly people who were surprised that I was vacationing in Wisconsin--I'm not sure why I was asked that so much. I think Americans would benefit greatly by visiting other states that they have not seen or enjoyed. Door county, in particular, is a hidden treasure to people from the South or Southwest! One last thing--I'm not sure why so many thought I had an "accent"?

Old 07-03-2011, 04:09 AM

7 posts, read 16,682 times
Funny to hear the negatives. I found winter in Green Bay to be a great time to enjoy diverse, outdoor sports. Snowshoes, sleds, and skis are great. All you need is a good attitude and a good coat and you're set. I only really had to pull out the snowthrower 4-5 times this year and the same last year. Every city has something to offer, but you need to know where to look. Green Bay is lacking in dining and entertainment, including Appleton, so you need to establish with friends and create your own.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:47 PM

7 posts, read 13,059 times
I have lived in Green Bay about 70% of my life so far--and have mostly hated it! I am a Los Angeles native, lived in Madison County, KY 3-1/2 years, have traveled a lot--so I have a pretty good base to make comparisons. There really aren't any decent job opportunities here (though, in all fairness, the whole country sucks); the Winters are absolutely brutal; and one thing you will notice for sure is that the drivers are as bad as in Chicago--very rude, they don't use turn signals, they pass on the right, etc. Too many people only seem to care about the Packers and getting drunk--it is unbelievable, until you see for yourself! Recent years have seen an invasion by Latino immigrants (largely illegal), and living in the city limits really isn't safe anymore. I think Green Bay was a good place back in the 70's, but I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone move here now (I'm out of here as soon as I find a job in IN or KY)...

Old 09-26-2011, 07:56 PM

286 posts, read 1,150,637 times
bsskv4ex, all your complaining about Green Bay is really telling us more about you than about Green Bay.

Say your name backwards, three times.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:39 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedPiper View Post
In a lot of ways, Appleton remains the "Johnny Appleseed" capital of the USA. By that I mean it's a lot like what living in the 1950s must have been like.....
What? Johnny Appleseed died in 1845 and by all accounts hated Wisconsin and refused to part with any of his good seeds that would ever be used there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin