Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 04:31 PM

6 posts, read 13,947 times

Advertisements

No one???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 10:07 AM

37 posts, read 67,239 times
Lived in Eau Claire area for 10 years now (probably moving to Phoenix soon though) and its a great place to live. Cost of living is extremely low - so if you have a good paying job lined you may actually be making more money than you think.

Have two large dogs right now and its a great pet environment -have never had any issues. There is a large dog park in Chippewa Falls where dog can run all day (its huge) and I believe on in Eau Claire. Additionally, you can take them almost everywhere you go outside with some great walking trails. We have a 14.5 year old Golden Retriever who has lost much of his hearing who we take to the free Blues concerts at Owen Park (free every Tuesday night during the Summer) and he loves it (he can hear the bass) and is always the "belle of the ball" there. Some very nice farmers market in the area and the Phoenix Park area always has something going on.

You have plenty of options for neighborhoods including some outlying areas like Chippewa Falls and Altoona. Everything seems to be about 15 minutes away no matter where you go. It is generally a driving town however - don't expect to be able to walk to shopping much

Old 03-22-2015, 07:27 PM

6 posts, read 13,947 times
Thank you very much MovingBadger. We are really looking forward to get there and explore the area a bit more. Do you mind if I ask why did u decide to move out?

Old 03-23-2015, 12:28 PM

37 posts, read 67,239 times
I am moving simply because I really, really hate winter/cold and my wife has family ties in Arizona. I have no complaints about Eau Claire area other than cold.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. We eat out a lot so if you need any restaurant suggestions. Thanks to an active South East Asian population we have a number of great Asian restaurants to pick from.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:17 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,049,288 times
Spent a lot of time in Eau Claire over the last couple years before moving out of state last autumn for a career opportunity. It is a wonderful little city and offers a ton of outdoor activities as well as a pretty good selection of restaurants downtown. There is a nice flair to the downtown area that many smaller cities lack, decent arts and entertainment due to the university, and cost of living is quite low.

If you don't mind a little travel you also have Lake Superior a few hours away, multiple national forests and state parks, as well as the Mississippi River within reach. Lighthouses on Lake Superior, Madeline Island, Perrot State Park (a personal favorite), and for some city nightlife you can head to Minneapolis-St Paul.

If you go to visit, I recommend the Plaza Hotel and say hello to Matt at the bar. They have a decent menu with very good pasta on Wednesday night and Blue Moon on tap. Their prime rib is also good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin