Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 04:01 PM

125 posts, read 184,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWcolonel View Post
I posted what I posted. Read what I wrote. Don't psychoanalyze it. Just take it as it is. Don't look for deeper meaning cause you're not gonna find it. Simple as that. I posted one comment, intending to post only once. Then one person responds saying I'm racist, another comes outta the woodwork and gives me a speech. If you don't want me to clutter this board with responses then don't inquire me.

Saying you have a problem with people dating outside their own race is racist. End of story. Social progress is not caring about what color or race or religion or ethnicity people are or chose to have a relationship with. Hopefully this progress will come sooner rather than later and racists like you will be a thing of the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 04:13 PM

512 posts, read 474,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chops00 View Post
Saying you have a problem with people dating outside their own race is racist. End of story. Social progress is not caring about what color or race or religion or ethnicity people are or chose to have a relationship with. Hopefully this progress will come sooner rather than later and racists like you will be a thing of the past.
Most racists don't know when they're being racist. In fact, the word seems like it's being spoken in a different language to them, so you really won't accomplish anything by explaining racism to people like him or her..

Old 10-26-2018, 07:07 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,109,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chops00 View Post
Just curious, I have 2 experiences with this, kinda. First, my grandpa always said to me please marry a Polish girl, I never heard him say anything disparaging about other races he said he just prefer that I marry a polish girl. Both Grandparents were right off the boat from Poland so I didn't take this as racist. So in the spirit of Tosh.O, is that racist?

A second encounter with this kind of thing was, I was really into this Mexican girl, she was a hotty. Well one day after trying to pursue her. The father said real politely "Son, don't get your hopes up, I won't allow her to marry anyone other than a Mexican, nothing against white people I just want the same life experiences and Mexican grandchildren" then he went on to say, he wants her too have someone in the family that is of the same heritage. I was only 15 and I never thought that was racist. Maybe it is, but after he explained it, I wasn't offended by it at all. I am still friends with her and their family in fact I have grown close to her father. We hang out all the time and I honestly forgot about that story until I read the post above.

BTW she ended up with nice boy from Mexico.

Old 10-27-2018, 09:32 AM

1,081 posts, read 548,816 times
Don't feed the troll.
He has two posts and both are to necro old threads and complain about racism in Door County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin