Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 02:15 PM

39 posts, read 48,819 times

Advertisements

Hello I'm back , from your beautiful state. The door are very great , sister bay , peninsule state park. It was very pleasant.
Hope to come back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 04:35 AM

Hello , I wish you an happy new year.
I finish my story about the travel I make in september in your country. Sorry , the texte is in French but you can see my picture.

le carnet de route dans le wisconsin : De retour de New York et Est USA - Carnets de voyage

This year I hope comming again , but in Oregon.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:02 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akravenlady View Post

But please, do not eat at Culver's, it's just "fast food" that is not healthy and will clog your arteries. Unless, of course, you like fried food and frozen custard (ice cream).
It is impossible to clog your arteries in two weeks, even if you eat a pound of butter and a pound of raw bacon every day. It takes years to clog your arteries.

Frozen custard and bratwurst are two things that you must eat in Wisconsin (not together), to enjoy the regional cuisine. There are many places in Wisconsin to eat frozen custard that are better than Culvers, and they are easy to find. They are usually very small kiosks, that have no dining room.

I think it will be difficult to get tickets to a Bears game in Chicago, football games are almost always sold out far in advance. Available tickets will be expensive, maybe $200. They play on Sunday afternoons, about two home games a month. The cheap seats will be good enough, you will still enjoy the experience of sharing a game with Chicago football fans. Brett Favre is retired, and doesn't play anymore.

In September, it will be easy to find hotel rooms, although weekends might be very full in Door County, so try to be there in the middle of the week. The Motel-6 group is usually the cheapest, and they are good, clean, safe and comfortable. There is one in Green Bay, and several in Milwaukee, Chicago and Madison. You can usually get a room when you arrive. They discount about 5% if you book on the internet, even an hour before you arrive. Expect about $40-50.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:33 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
It is impossible to clog your arteries in two weeks, even if you eat a pound of butter and a pound of raw bacon every day. It takes years to clog your arteries.

Frozen custard and bratwurst are two things that you must eat in Wisconsin (not together), to enjoy the regional cuisine. There are many places in Wisconsin to eat frozen custard that are better than Culvers, and they are easy to find. They are usually very small kiosks, that have no dining room.

I think it will be difficult to get tickets to a Bears game in Chicago, football games are almost always sold out far in advance. Available tickets will be expensive, maybe $200. They play on Sunday afternoons, about two home games a month. The cheap seats will be good enough, you will still enjoy the experience of sharing a game with Chicago football fans. Brett Favre is retired, and doesn't play anymore.

In September, it will be easy to find hotel rooms, although weekends might be very full in Door County, so try to be there in the middle of the week. The Motel-6 group is usually the cheapest, and they are good, clean, safe and comfortable. There is one in Green Bay, and several in Milwaukee, Chicago and Madison. You can usually get a room when you arrive. They discount about 5% if you book on the internet, even an hour before you arrive. Expect about $40-50.
You missed the bus on this one a little bit. He's already come and gone, and yes he was able to get in a Bears game.

He recaps his trip through a link in post # 12, albeit in French and the Google translation is a little clumsy.

By the way luke06, thanks for the follow-up. It's always good to hear back from people who come here for questions/assistance.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:06 AM

sorry for the bears , I believe that they could be in play off.But we have Green Bay. I hope that the superbowl was Green Bay VS New England and at the end Green Bay WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.
It's hard to folow the play off , if you know somewhere where I cant folow it in streaming I take.
Thanks

Old 01-09-2012, 03:32 AM

300 posts, read 348,949 times
Luke, you took really great pictures. I am glad you enjoyed your trip. It is nice to see people like you visit a place like Wisconsin and not just come to the US Midwest for the overrated Chicago. I like going to Chicago, but people there are not as nice like people up here.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:09 AM

It's sure that speak withe people in Chicago it's hard. People are very nice in Doors , I very apreciate.
Your country is beautiful that's why my pictures are " goods".

Old 01-09-2012, 09:45 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94buickcentury View Post
Luke, you took really great pictures. I am glad you enjoyed your trip. It is nice to see people like you visit a place like Wisconsin and not just come to the US Midwest for the overrated Chicago. I like going to Chicago, but people there are not as nice like people up here.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:59 AM

10 posts, read 45,476 times
Hi Luke,

I find that people from Europe generally enjoy the wildlife. I did a little presentation for some and they were shocked at the amount of birds and animals you could see in the forests and lake areas.

When you get a chance to come back for wild life visit the Manitowish Waters area and do a little fishing, see some loons, bald eagles and maybe see a fisher while hiking (but keep your distance). I'd also consider Bayfield and the Apostle Islands in addition to the southwest driftless area again.

In the central-southwest you can find some nice cheese (even chèvre!) and of course Candinas should meet your expectations for chocolate.

As far as your next trip to Oregon (Or-e-gen), it is safe to drink their Pinot Noir and beer and eat their cheeses. I can make some nice recommendations on Pinot. You will find it very nice place to visit. Go into the Willamette (Will-am-ette, -dammit) valley, Columbia river gorge, visit the coast. The southwest coast of Oregon is probably the most beautiful Pacific coast you will find. I'd also consider traveling south and seeing some Redwood trees if you have not. Very impressive.

For Portland, find a place to have a bagel. If you like offbeat stores visit Rejuvenation and if you like tools I don't know if Bridge City Tool has a showroom but their tools are more like artwork.

What area of France do you live?

Old 01-14-2012, 09:38 AM

thanks , I leave in the South at Nice between Cannes and Monaco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin