Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,356 times

Advertisements

Hi Misty Sea, My suggestion if you have to move for the new job is to move to Brookfield. I live there and think it's a perfect spot!! GREAT SCHOOLS, wonderful friendly community, and it has the lowest property taxes!!! If you move here please look me up so I can welcome you! Also, two of my best friends are some the best realators in town. Good luck, Darlene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 05:04 PM

73 posts, read 222,773 times
Default Many Thanks

Hello all and thank you for your kind advice. I have read each and every one of your posts and we are thinking carefully about your ideas. I think we will end up having me work and him looking for a job once we are there. We are going to be more ready to make that decision in October, so in the meantime he is still looking for a job(and hopefully for more than 30k!). I will keep you posted on what happens, and maybe I'll be able to help someone else with this someday. It's been quite the adventure so far.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:19 AM

5 posts, read 18,706 times
Two suggestions: One is only going to help if he has a friend or family member in Wisconsin-ask if you can use their address as a home base for your job search operation. Get a local cell phone number just for the job search use. I am not sure how employers feel about PO Boxes but that is another possibility. Then forwarding mail from the PO box to your Delaware address. But the 'just move' idea is also plausible. Moving into a small apt. with a rental storage unit for your stuff is probably do-able on a nurses salary and there is definitely plenty of jobs for nurses here, and that is just about everywhere-Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Madison areas. I live in Northern Wisconsin. I don't recommend moving here. Too boring and lots of driving. Appleton area and Green Bay area are both more affordable than Milwaukee and Madison but all are nice areas and crime isn't huge-you'll want to stay away from certain areas IN these cities and there a lots of posts here about that. There are landlords who will rent to you-I know because I've done this, and I had bad credit at the time too and a dog! Just be honest and if you seem straightforward and decent to the landlord, they usually will work with you, if you have your first & last and security. Wisconsin has a very good economy in the areas mentioned here. Our housing is good and our job market, especially in Madison, has been fabulous. Good luck!

Old 09-08-2007, 10:12 AM

73 posts, read 222,773 times
Hey, thanks for your post. Things are looking up! We think my husband has a job. We are going out there in a few weeks so his employer can show him the area and try to negotiate the salary. We are going to look at Sun Prairie. Any comments on that area? From what I can see it looks fantastic. Just when we had given up all hope, we both got calls on the same day from employers we had originally contacted back in July! Does it really take that long for them to get back to you?? At this point I am just thrilled that we have gotten this far. I will keep you posted, and again, thanks a zillion for your suggestions. This forum has really saved my sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin