Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,810 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to Green Bay around the Humboldt Rd area. Can anyone provide me with information about the area. Crime, Shopping, ect...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 12:55 AM

11 posts, read 21,296 times
There is no crime in Green Bay and GB isn't nearly big enough to have 'areas' like Chicago has 'areas'. That said the area around Bay Beach isn't great but Chicago peeps would laugh hysterically at our idea of a bad/rough area and leaving interesting items in an unlocked car is not a good idea anywhere in town but otherwise there is nothing to worry about.

All shopping is on Oneida St. in Ashwaubenon and it sucks. Bland mall and a Best Buy.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:16 PM

7 posts, read 13,066 times
Humboldt Road (Schmitt Park area) is a good choice if you really want to live in the Green Bay area. Crime not a problem at all there, unlike the North and near-West sides of the city. Not much shopping close by, except for strip malls and basic stores on University Avenue. Closest Mall is East Town, but most of the big stores are to be found across the Fox River in Ashwaubenon.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:32 AM

182 posts, read 298,977 times
The OP should just stand on the corner of Walnut and Broadway and yell "Chicago Bears Rule!" Then they will find out all they need to now about Titletown!

Old 09-29-2011, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 2,602 times
There's a lot of college kids living in that area. There's really no crime in this city to speak of, but if you leave your iPad sitting on the passenger seat of your car overnight while you're up in your apartment, it might walk off, but chances are it won't.

There's cheap eats nearby too... Within 5 minutes theres a Taco Bell, 4C's restaurant which has quick $5 lunches, plus University Market. There's a Walgreens, Thrift Shops, any kind of bar you could imagine. Art bars, sports bars, biker bars, and mexican bars. With close access to I43, you can really get to any where you'd ever need to go in a reasonable amount of time. Bairds Creek Prk is close too which has a nice frisbee golf course during the summer, and I'd imagine there's skiing/snowboarding on those hills during the winter, and there's trails and streams and all kind of stuff back in there.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:06 AM

5 posts, read 6,924 times
Can anyone tell me about pitbull friendly rentals in the Green Bay area? might be moving to this area in a few months, so I need to find all this stuff out now. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin