U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2007, 09:16 PM

335 posts, read 1,137,452 times

Advertisements

How is the area and how is the fall ride
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 05:44 AM

324 posts, read 1,436,292 times
its been a looooooooong time for me but the tomahawk area is nice year round...fall is really nice around that area....

Old 08-27-2007, 10:27 AM

12 posts, read 33,055 times
I live about 40 miles north east, ride a Harley and go each year. It is like a "Mini Sturgis". I go on Friday. If you like the action then Friday and Saturday nights is the time to be there. There are 2 Harley plants there. There is a lot going on all week.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:09 PM

358 posts, read 756,432 times
Default Fall Ride

I have been up to the Fall Ride several times. It is nice to visit up there and I usually go up the Monocqua and Eagle River area while there.

I know it is very busy in town while the event is going on and Bubbas will be out of town about 5 miles so that may cut down on traffic in town a little.

This year it may be interesting to see if it grows due to the poor economy around here. More local people may attend instead of traveling to farther away events due to high gas prices.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:32 AM

12 posts, read 33,055 times
The wife and I took a ride to Tomahawk yesterday and there were bikes all over the place, popular town to visit even without Fall Ride going on.
There is stuff going on during the Fall ride all over northern Wisconsin.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:23 PM

170 posts, read 546,004 times
Well, we wanted to go this year but waited too long and now there are no rooms. :sigh We will plan ahead for next year.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,303 times
Default Colorama

I have been going to Colorama, Now Fall Ride since 1991, when it was being helt at a bar. Always have had a great time, lots of fun, seen lots of musical stars and met them. Was a little disapointed that Bubba no longer is at the race track, as that was wonderful. The present location kinda sucks, to many rules and regulations. I am not a Harley rider I am sorry to say, as I have owned one, and the ride was to much for my wife, 3rd. that is. I am a member of the Limey Riders, and once use to ride nothing but Triumps. In 1999, at Colorama, I was introduced to the VULCON, and purchased one early in 2000. What a ride, what power, unbelievable. This year sorry to say I went to Sahra Park, spent the day, and came back home. The new location is to far away from our camping sight, and I am not really inthused in the Camping site where Bubba now has his wonderful parties. Maybe he will find the way and methods of getting back to the GOOD OLD RACE TRACK, so we can party down and have really great fun again. Hope next year BUBBA, your back home, TOMAHAWK SPEEDWAY. Dixie

Old 09-13-2008, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,058 times
Default Tomahawk Fall Ride 2008

Boy was it crowded. Living only a few miles from Tomahawk, at my age, I no longer spend the entire week-end at the Fall Ride. Since Baba is no longer at the Race Track, rather a State Park, I find it quite boring there, as I was there last year. Nothing like at the racetrack for sure. I go to Shirley park, listen to a few bands, have a few beers, stop at a few local well known bars, meet some people, pick up another T-shirt, and come home. Having been at which was once COLORAMA, now Tomahawk Fall Ride, since 1991, it all is about the same, just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I enjoy showing off my 2000 Vulcon, which makes alot of Harley's look sick. Get a great deal of comments, mainly how it barks and putts just like a Harley. Fall Ride is a great thing, great time, only wish Baba was back at the good old Race Track. Really miss that. If your a rider, love parties, the Tomahawk Fall Ride is a great place to be, ofcorse weather permitting. Meeting alot of great people, from many places, really is enjoyable. Looking at all kinds of bikes is a wonderful thrill. Try it, you'll like it. CHIEF ONE FEATHER OF THE " GREAT NORTHERN WATER MONSTER SLAYING TRIBE " Dixie La

Old 09-14-2008, 04:19 PM

537 posts, read 1,816,205 times
We are south of Tomahawk by about 50 miles. I have heard the steady hum of bikes all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin