Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 06:43 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times

Advertisements

You guys need to go and drive in Quebec for a few days. When you get home, you'll get out on the highway and kiss the pavement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 05:04 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Except in Western Wisconsin when all the Minnesotans do 70 in the Left Lane and the Right Lane is pretty much the Fast Lane with all the people passing the left lane campers

hahaha.. you noticed something about minnesota drivers.. it's something how I pass almost everyone going 75 in minnesota on I-90... then when I get into south dakota where the speed limit is 75 and I'm going 80, I get passed by everyone except the lingering MN drivers. West of Sioux Falls on I-90 in particular, most people are going 85. Minnesotans are slow drivers, who love their left lane, and I've gotten pulled over for going 62 in a 55 in that state.

Anywho I don't have any complaints, I enjoy Wisconsin driving. Like the weather, it's something to talk about.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:42 AM

2,660 posts, read 3,855,338 times
I have lived in 3 states Wisconsin, Illinois and now Oregon. Plus I have driven all over the country, Europe and Hong Kong.

In general WI drivers have a pretty normal bell curve. Equal #'s of good and bad.
Illinois is the best. Chicago drivers are not afraid of their cars, and know how to drive. (Some WI people would call them aggressive but I disagree, they just know how to get it done.) Go to italy or China if you want aggressive!

Here in Oregon they will drive you crazy. They slow down or stop to let anything, (another car, a pedestrian, squirrel, whatever), cross the road, even when they have the right of way. They like to think they are being nice. In actuallity they cause accidents or at least a lot of frustration.

Further they are very slow here. I think too much medical marijuana has caused the general population to all take it a little too easy.

I miss driving between Chicago and Madison on I-90. Man on a good day, that stretch rocked along at 80-85 plus!!

Goofy topic - but thanks for letting us comment on this important issue.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:08 AM

188 posts, read 477,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
I have lived in 3 states Wisconsin, Illinois and now Oregon. Plus I have driven all over the country, Europe and Hong Kong.

In general WI drivers have a pretty normal bell curve. Equal #'s of good and bad.
Illinois is the best. Chicago drivers are not afraid of their cars, and know how to drive. (Some WI people would call them aggressive but I disagree, they just know how to get it done.) Go to italy or China if you want aggressive!

Here in Oregon they will drive you crazy. They slow down or stop to let anything, (another car, a pedestrian, squirrel, whatever), cross the road, even when they have the right of way. They like to think they are being nice. In actuallity they cause accidents or at least a lot of frustration.

Further they are very slow here. I think too much medical marijuana has caused the general population to all take it a little too easy.

I miss driving between Chicago and Madison on I-90. Man on a good day, that stretch rocked along at 80-85 plus!!

Goofy topic - but thanks for letting us comment on this important issue.
Used to live in the burbs of chicago so driving on the interstate system was a daily occurence. i now live in wisconsin and the differences are incredible.

the speed alone is a huge difference. I remember one time driving on i-90 doing 85 mph in the middle lane, all of a sudden a cop pulls up from behind me and flashed his search light. i got over and slowed down and he just continued on his way.

if you are caught doing 85 in wisco youre lucky to not have the swat team behind you.

i miss the express lanes the most...

Old 01-09-2012, 03:46 AM

300 posts, read 348,664 times
I always have problems with driving in Illinois. It isn't just the wreckless drivers, but the law enforcement of the freeways that are desperate to keep up with a quota. One time, I was driving around the speed limit and the Illinois State Trooper followed me. He kept following me for miles until I did a tiny swerve. Then he pulled me over because of that. He kept asking me if I was drinking when I wasn't. I even told him he can give me a breathalyzer test, but he says it isn't necessary. 10 minutes later, he gives me one. He did let me go because I had a GPS in my car and I used it as an excuse for the swerve. Funny thing is that a few minutes later, that same officer pulled over another driver. That all took place around midnight.

I drove in a couple Southern States like Kentucky and North Carolina and its not all bad. Other Southern states like Georgia and Maryland is horrible though.

One thing I hate most about driving in Minnesota is you can't have your GPS on the windshield. I got pulled over for that, but the cop let me go since I was from WI.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:37 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,604,841 times
Why can't you have your GPS on your windshield in Minnesota?

Old 01-09-2012, 11:50 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Why can't you have your GPS on your windshield in Minnesota?
Because the liberals don't want you to have it on your windshield.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:24 PM

711 posts, read 1,688,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Because the liberals don't want you to have it on your windshield.
Ahh, so refreshing... a republican making up lies about liberals, that never happens.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:51 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,276,554 times
can't have it on the windshield? That's news to me. I don't plan to ever take it off of there, nor do I plan to stop using it. I guess I know how cell phone users feel now. It's right by the rear view mirror, very easy to take a quick glance at without removing attention from the road. Any other way is more hazardous, regardless of what some airheaded politician thinks. I suppose they could ban them entirely... but from what I can see MN is one of the only states with such restrictions, so whatever.

I suppose I could just unfold a full sized map and keep it in my lap while staring down at it with a pen in my hand drawing lines to the next destination. That would be the safer alternative.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:06 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse276 View Post
Ahh, so refreshing... a republican making up lies about liberals, that never happens.
Well since liberals were in power when the bill was passed you can thank the liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin