Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 06:12 AM

341 posts, read 641,529 times

Advertisements

I drove on the East and West coast (all New England and Oregon and Washington) but I didn't saw so many bad driving as in Wisconsin. First I don't know if drivers in Wisconsin know that they have blinkers in the car? Who knows...
Courtesy? The same. They don't know anything about pedestrians.
Five cars=traffic jam.
Two, three cars going through red light is normal, stop for pedestrians-who are pedestrians,...,etc.
They will pull out into your lane, cutting you off, even though it is quite obvious that you are about to pass them and the vehicle in front of them.
...and more and more...

Last edited by ElGreco; 11-18-2011 at 06:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 08:43 AM

61 posts, read 137,962 times
Wow...these posts get tiring. I didn't find the driving in Wisconsin all that different from anywhere else in the country. Americans as a whole are lousy drivers when compared to our European cousins. You can't tell me you never ONCE had a bad driver in other parts of the country. I see the same issues where I live now: no turn-signals, cutting you off just to make the first right turn coming up thereby almost causing you to rear-end the moron, red-light runners (it's gotten so bad where I live in AZ that they've installed cameras now at major intersections). Bad driving is NOT a Wisconsin thing...it's just a lazy, inconsiderate drivers thing.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:26 AM

341 posts, read 641,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeWisco View Post
Wow...these posts get tiring. I didn't find the driving in Wisconsin all that different from anywhere else in the country. Americans as a whole are lousy drivers when compared to our European cousins. You can't tell me you never ONCE had a bad driver in other parts of the country. I see the same issues where I live now: no turn-signals, cutting you off just to make the first right turn coming up thereby almost causing you to rear-end the moron, red-light runners (it's gotten so bad where I live in AZ that they've installed cameras now at major intersections). Bad driving is NOT a Wisconsin thing...it's just a lazy, inconsiderate drivers thing.
Yes, bad drivers are everywhere in the world but so bad driving as you see here in Wisconsin is abnormal. Red-light runners you could see all the time (two or three are going through red light almost everywhere), pedestrians are second class people...
BTW one week ago I crossed a road where is stopped sign and I was almost on the half way and two cars, one police and one other just passed without stopped...
That is Wisconsin...

Old 11-18-2011, 10:11 AM

711 posts, read 1,689,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumiwa View Post
Yes, bad drivers are everywhere in the world but so bad driving as you see here in Wisconsin is abnormal. Red-light runners you could see all the time (two or three are going through red light almost everywhere), pedestrians are second class people...
BTW one week ago I crossed a road where is stopped sign and I was almost on the half way and two cars, one police and one other just passed without stopped...
That is Wisconsin...
I hope you didn't post this all from your phone while driving...

The slow car in the fast lane is an idiot, the car that zips by you is a moron... and people will never stop complaining about drivers. I do appreciate you bringing this to the attention to all us Wisconsinites... at our next all-state fish fry we'll make a point to bring this up & improve.

Thanks for making a difference!

Old 11-18-2011, 02:53 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
As far as the Midwest, I personally find drivers in Illinois and Minnesota are often worse, while driving in Iowa and Missouri is a breeze.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:00 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Bad driving is all over and is not as bad as lets say the south. I have a ton of pet peeves of other peoples driving. When merging on the freeway please get up to speed, it is a lot easier to merge when you are already doing 5-10 over when you merge. Also when merging don't flip me off if I can't let you in either because you are merging way to slow or I cannot move over or speed up or slow down to let you in after all You are entering a lane of traffic we have right away so you are supposed to either speed up or slow down to get in.

Blinkers are most useful when you put them on before you merge or turn and are of no use when you put them on as you are turning.

If someone is riding your tail just swallow your pride and let them by no need too slow down a whole lane so you can prove a point there is more than just that guy behind you.

anyone ever hear of the rule yield to the right? sure doesn't look like it. Also if I flash you to move its called "flash to Pass" and also does not warrant a middle finger.

Stop texting and driving, I have to now sound my horn every day because someone is texting at a red light and doesn't notice its green already.

I could go on I have a lot more complaints about other peoples driving. Just start being more courteous to the other drivers and peds.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:14 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
I always enjoy driving in Wisconsin (Farthest away from MN as possible) I love the feeling when someone actually moves over on the freeway to let you pass. In Minnesota i swear most people don't know which lane is the fast lane and which lane is the slow lane. Than there's the people who aren't afraid to speed and weaving in and out of traffic. Bad Combination

The Merging issue brought up by Milwaukee City seems to be a issue throughout the whole Mid-West. I have the worst luck at this every time i'm in the right lane i leave a huge gap in front of me for people getting on the freeway but people still seem to merge right into me practically. And i always get "the look" than i point to the direction in front me showing them a nice gap to go in and now they have a stupid look on there face

Old 11-19-2011, 01:28 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumiwa View Post
I drove on the East and West coast (all New England and Oregon and Washington) but I didn't saw so many bad driving as in Wisconsin. First I don't know if drivers in Wisconsin know that they have blinkers in the car? Who knows...
Courtesy? The same. They don't know anything about pedestrians.
Five cars=traffic jam.
Two, three cars going through red light is normal, stop for pedestrians-who are pedestrians,...,etc.
They will pull out into your lane, cutting you off, even though it is quite obvious that you are about to pass them and the vehicle in front of them.
...and more and more...
The next time you're driving in WI, and see all the "bad drivers", take a look at the license plate. The majority of them will have "out-of-State" plates. Then, if you get to meet some of the drivers, themselves, you will find that many of the rest are "imports" from out of State.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:53 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
I always enjoy driving in Wisconsin (Farthest away from MN as possible) I love the feeling when someone actually moves over on the freeway to let you pass. In Minnesota i swear most people don't know which lane is the fast lane and which lane is the slow lane. Than there's the people who aren't afraid to speed and weaving in and out of traffic. Bad Combination

The Merging issue brought up by Milwaukee City seems to be a issue throughout the whole Mid-West. I have the worst luck at this every time i'm in the right lane i leave a huge gap in front of me for people getting on the freeway but people still seem to merge right into me practically. And i always get "the look" than i point to the direction in front me showing them a nice gap to go in and now they have a stupid look on there face
In my experience Connecticut was the worse. Drivers from Boston mixed with drivers from NYC on I-95 was the worse. People drive right on top of eachother going at high speeds and if your not tailgating the person in front of you the person behind you will high beam you and whip around you and get in front of you. Than when there's bumper to bumper traffic you better stay in the lane your in. if you want to switch lanes you gotta fight your way in because some guy in a Range Rover is gonna attempt to block you

Old 11-20-2011, 06:27 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,619,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeWisco View Post

If American cops did something more than sit on the side of the road with a radar/laser gun, they could actually do something about this. In most states, not signalling to change lanes, running red lights, and driving too slow in the left lane is illegal. However, nobody ever seems to get a ticket for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin