Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 01:02 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,860,953 times

Advertisements

Michigan is shaped like a mitten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 04:03 PM

711 posts, read 1,682,426 times
Wisconsin is shaped like a hand.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:53 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,631,990 times
In Wisconsin, people go out and meticulously shovel their walks and driveways, clean to the pavement, flush with the grassy edge. In Michigan, they just walk and drive right through the snow.

In Michigan, they don't talk so funny.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,549,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
In Wisconsin, people go out and meticulously shovel their walks and driveways, clean to the pavement, flush with the grassy edge. In Michigan, they just walk and drive right through the snow.

Not true. My neighbors here in Detroit will run their snowblowers 3-4 times in one snow day.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:54 AM

21 posts, read 57,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

I LOVE this response! I don't know how MI deals with snow, but this is very true of WI. It's charming. And I love what a Texan says about WI talking "funny". Good natured ribbing.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:41 AM

10 posts, read 45,288 times
Michigan has some very nice areas. Traverse City is very nice to visit.
Most things Michigan has Wisconsin also has. For dunes, Michigan's are bigger, but Wisconsin has this in Door County. Wisconsin has more inland lakes.

But, Wisconsin has the Driftless area. Michigan has nothing like it.

Crime is greater in MI, job loss is worse, economy is worse.
More taverns in WI probably.
Friends I know who moved to WI from MI say in general WI people are friendlier.

Personally, I think the friendlier part is in part cultural as in WI you have the bars and people go there and are socializing with other people. There is some good and bad to that. I do note that most people in WI are not cocky like you get in Illinois.

And yes, we wear the cheeseheads to try to scare off Illinois people. But, they still flood into Wisconsin anyway.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervantes1112 View Post
Michigan has some very nice areas. Traverse City is very nice to visit.
Most things Michigan has Wisconsin also has. For dunes, Michigan's are bigger, but Wisconsin has this in Door County. Wisconsin has more inland lakes.

But, Wisconsin has the Driftless area. Michigan has nothing like it.

Crime is greater in MI, job loss is worse, economy is worse.
More taverns in WI probably.
Friends I know who moved to WI from MI say in general WI people are friendlier.

Personally, I think the friendlier part is in part cultural as in WI you have the bars and people go there and are socializing with other people. There is some good and bad to that. I do note that most people in WI are not cocky like you get in Illinois.

And yes, we wear the cheeseheads to try to scare off Illinois people. But, they still flood into Wisconsin anyway.

The Illinois people flood into the west side of Michigan every weekend.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:27 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,860,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
The Illinois people flood into the west side of Michigan every weekend.
Get yourselves some cheeseheads then!!

Old 12-29-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Get yourselves some cheeseheads then!!

The cheeseheads are in the U.P.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:04 AM

15,932 posts, read 12,194,660 times
Wisconsin is a big state.... well not really there are bigger... but personally I love the metro area north of Milwaukee, which includes Mequon, Grafton, Saukville, and Port Washington. They've really done a lot to the area since I left it, plenty to do, from the bike trail across the county, all the shopping along the Grafton exit of 43, the numerous fitness centers and places to eat, the parks especially the ones along the lake, and the general upscale feel to the area. I'm sure there's other nice areas too, but I have experience with that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin