Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2007, 10:43 AM

15 posts, read 56,424 times

Advertisements

I regret raising my family in this small town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 12:11 PM

396 posts, read 1,699,048 times
Where is it? Any chance you can relocate?

Old 09-07-2007, 08:03 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regrets View Post
I regret raising my family in this small town.
OK..... so, did you have a question or a topic you wanted to discuss?

Old 11-19-2007, 07:17 AM

Poynette is just north of Madison. Yes we plan to. We own our own business and we are trying to get out of this town as soon as possible. The school is just awful. The priorities are all mixed up here. Money first, then winning at all cost, then the kids' welfare. No place to raise kids, unless of course you and your parents were born and raised here then you can do all sorts of illegal things and the rest of the "good ole boys" will back you up and run people with morals and integrity right out of town. I know.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:25 AM

I just am so frustrated by this town, I just want to warn people about it. Our schools priority is money first, then winning then the kids. Our school let a private profitable buisness be run thru the school at tax payers expense for 15 years and this business also had the little boys in this town raise money for his own personal profit. That is illegal. He calls himself a dictator and threatens families to do things his way or your kid doesn't play the sport he is coach of. I refused to support his family (giving money) and when my son was in 5th grade I was warned he will never play varsity. I even let the school listen to a recorded conversation which this man agreed to saying he knows WIAA rules and the laws and he doesn't care he runs bb K-12 as a dictatorship. Because he is a good ole boy this has rolled over into bad treatment by other school people, coaches and teachers. Unless you and your parents are born and raised here you do NOT want to live here. I just want people to know before moving here.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,841 times
Ok, i live in poynette too, and the post above mine is a little exaggerated...wow...and raising a family in a small town is not always a bad thing might I add...I would prefer this better than a huge city...to each their own..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin