Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,214 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I have interviewed for a job in Weston. If I am offered the job and decide to accept it, I would have to move my family from Chicago land to Weston. I had given consideration to just renting an apartment and coming home on the week ends but that's not an option. While on the interview, I did have a tour of the area and it looks nice. That being said, I am African American so I would like to know about cultural diversity for the area and the surrounding towns. I am also concerned about the schools (grade school, middle school and high school)schooling, activities for a family of four. Lastly, what areas should I consider as far renting a home or an appartment any information anyone could provide would be great.
Thanks.

Last edited by speedfan; 03-17-2012 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: Adding content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 AM

24 posts, read 49,998 times
Smile Weston

Hello there! I think you will enjoy the beauty of Wisconsin. We lived in SE Wisconsin, but had to move out of state for husband's job.

Anyway, perhaps check out Neighborhood Scout (online). Also check out the realtor.com website and look up houses there to get ideas on where they are, what they sold for, etc. Apartments.com might be beneficial. If they have a Chamber of Commerce, then maybe you can get some info from them.

Apololgies, but I just don't have any "insider info" about Weston.

Best wishes in your move to Wisconsin!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 AM

1,148 posts, read 3,556,999 times
We moved to the area (Wausau) from Houston in 2010. We looked at some homes in Weston before choosing a home in Wausau. We love it here and found people in the area to be very friendly. Everyone you talk to seems to think their school is the best. Weston area high school students go to DC Everest, and Wausau area high school students go to either East High or West High. All three are great. My kids are elementary aged and they love their school. As far as diversity, there isn't very much here. Wausau is only slightly more diverse then Weston. There is plenty to do in the area. One thing you won't have to deal with is traffic.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:47 AM

26 posts, read 52,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfan View Post
Hello everyone, I have interviewed for a job in Weston. If I am offered the job and decide to accept it, I would have to move my family from Chicago land to Weston. I had given consideration to just renting an apartment and coming home on the week ends but that's not an option. While on the interview, I did have a tour of the area and it looks nice. That being said, I am African American so I would like to know about cultural diversity for the area and the surrounding towns. I am also concerned about the schools (grade school, middle school and high school)schooling, activities for a family of four. Lastly, what areas should I consider as far renting a home or an appartment any information anyone could provide would be great.
Thanks.
I'm originally from Chicago and, although I enjoy the clean air and outdoor activities such as fishing and golf, you'll find that there is no "culture" of any sort here.
This is a town where fine restaurants fail and the "culture" is accurately termed beercheeseville.

I'm a white guy who enjoys the company of a Black woman and, I see one every other day as, the A.A. community is very small.
Interracial couples are even more rare although there are two or three.
The music scene, if it can even be called a "scene" is terrible.
The average band playing in the bars is just noise and LOUD.
I'm a jazz lover and, most people here don't even know what it is.

I don't much care for hanging out in bars and, since this is Wisconsin, well~~~~.

Finally, you'll see the vast majority of people wandering around in green and yellow everything as, the packers are an addiction.

If you wear something that can be termed "stylin" as in Chitown, you'll look out of place here.

Good luck, bro.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,214 times
Thanks everyone for the responses, I appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin