Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 12:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,073 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I just had a job interview the other day in Mauston, WI. Is anyone familiar with that town or the general area?

I saw on my tour of the town that there is a large treatment facility there for sexual offenders and the town itself seems to have quite a high density of child sex offenders for being such a small area. I have a family so I'm looking for good schools and a safe place. Also my husband would need to find a job as well and I'm not sure after seeing that area if there would be much economic growth there. Any opinions are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 11:43 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,546,537 times
Mauston isn't bad, however there isn't alot happening there or anywhere nearby. I'd look closer to Tomah and you could commute. Mauston has always came off as an old school town to me, not much in the way of economic development.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:53 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,687,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Mauston isn't bad, however there isn't alot happening there or anywhere nearby. I'd look closer to Tomah and you could commute. Mauston has always came off as an old school town to me, not much in the way of economic development.
There isn't much happening in Tomah for that matter. This is a fairly rural part of the state. Great place to be if you're really into cranberries. There's some decent lakes nearby too for boating/fishing/etc.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:27 PM

2 posts, read 1,963 times
Default Run!!!!!don't look back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesshort View Post
Hi all,
I just had a job interview the other day in Mauston, WI. Is anyone familiar with that town or the general area?

I saw on my tour of the town that there is a large treatment facility there for sexual offenders and the town itself seems to have quite a high density of child sex offenders for being such a small area. I have a family so I'm looking for good schools and a safe place. Also my husband would need to find a job as well and I'm not sure after seeing that area if there would be much economic growth there. Any opinions are welcome.

If you like small minded, Podunk government and schools with bullies and no educational standards then this town's for you. Or perhaps you're in the mood to indulge in the opiate crisis environment...I never saw one til I moved here. Hey, if hubby wants to work then he always has a job here for Podunk pay. However, be forewarned he most likely will be working along side prisoners who are on work release.....breathe it in...it looks pretty in picture and then reality rears it's ugly head. Taxes are through the roof because you'll be paying for the housing that is given to the felonious criminals who have false background checks performed.

Old 07-13-2020, 08:56 AM

15 posts, read 60,237 times
Sorry for bumping, did you move to Mauston?

Not a whole lot going for the city, but very close to Wisconsin Dells, Reedsburg, Baraboo, and about an hour drive north to the La Crosse area.

Old 07-17-2020, 07:24 AM

7,112 posts, read 4,950,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1099'shere View Post

Not a whole lot going for the city, but very close to Wisconsin Dells, Reedsburg, Baraboo, .....
Shut up! Are you trying to scare her away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin