U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 08:46 AM

608 posts, read 842,509 times

Advertisements

Some of you should stop thinking the world is going to end and get a grasp of reality.....democracy ended (lol...lol....I ever laughed so hard in my life when that idiot ranted on CNN... I saw the clip on YouTube).

And that bafoon is what liberals would call educated because he has a diploma. lol...lol.

Some of you would be better off living in China.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 08:51 AM
mlb

4,770 posts, read 3,757,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveurdream View Post

And that bafoon is what liberals would call educated because he has a diploma. lol...lol.
Some jokes just write themselves.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:58 AM

21,209 posts, read 13,714,913 times
Quote:
Some of you should stop thinking the world is going to end
Time will tell if Wisconsin will come out of this well. Scott Walker has turned the private sector employees against the public sector employees. Now everyone hates each other. He said the jobs would come roaring back after the election. Now we'll see if that happens or if the best leave the state and what you end up with are a bunch of Walmart jobs making minimum wage.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 AM
mlb

4,770 posts, read 3,757,574 times
I have HOPE:

Daily Kos: Don't Celebrate Too Soon.

Scottie's in Big Trouble.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:22 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,357,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
I have HOPE:

Daily Kos: Don't Celebrate Too Soon.

Scottie's in Big Trouble.
Oh yeah. THERE'S an un-biased reliable news source!!!

Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 AM

811 posts, read 1,143,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
"...showed it for the 2nd time at the poles.."

Another stunning example of Tea Party educational levels..

What else would you expect when they worship an ill-informed dunce like Sarah Palin?
Just remember that in November when Mitt wins the elections..
The Walker win is a huge blow to the liberal party.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 AM

8,279 posts, read 10,725,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post
Just remember that in November when Mitt wins the elections..
The Walker win is a huge blow to the liberal party.
And yet, you still don't get it..

Willard is still well behind Obama in Wisconsin..and many other states..

Old 06-07-2012, 10:55 AM

20,950 posts, read 17,795,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And now Wisconsin is broken. Families, neighbors, coworkers, no one will be able to speak to each other while people from other states post here adding fuel to the fire. I don't live in Wisconsin either but I'm guessing your state will suffer from this for a really long time. Who knows if it will ever heal.
Hatfields and McCoys anyone?

Old 06-07-2012, 12:21 PM

608 posts, read 842,509 times
I can see why some of you are disgruntled in your defeat.

The President of the United States doesn't do the following:

- raise property taxes for such and such for local home owners
- make new sales taxes for individual States (think of the online sales tax stuff in IL that drove a company to moving to WI)
- balance a state budget without raising taxes
- travel to individual business owners all around a state and talk about what they need to remain profitable and prosper so they can expand and hire

I can keep going on with a lot more examples, but I don't want to spend 15 minutes doing it.

The President of the United States focuses on a national and international level. A State Governor focuses on the State s/he was elected in.

So it is very easy to vote for Walker and then Obama if that is what a person chooses to do. Wisconsin is a Blue state so it will still be hard for the other candidate to win. If the silent speakers like me go out in droves like we did this week Obama would lose Wisconsin.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:39 PM

21,137 posts, read 17,359,115 times
Quote:
I can see why some of you are disgruntled in your defeat.

The President of the United States doesn't do the following:

- raise property taxes for such and such for local home owners
- make new sales taxes for individual States (think of the online sales tax stuff in IL that drove a company to moving to WI)
- balance a state budget without raising taxes
- travel to individual business owners all around a state and talk about what they need to remain profitable and prosper so they can expand and hire

I can keep going on with a lot more examples, but I don't want to spend 15 minutes doing it.

The President of the United States focuses on a national and international level. A State Governor focuses on the State s/he was elected in.

So it is very easy to vote for Walker and then Obama if that is what a person chooses to do. Wisconsin is a Blue state so it will still be hard for the other candidate to win. If the silent speakers like me go out in droves like we did this week Obama would lose Wisconsin.
I wouldn't say that Wisconsin is truly a blue state; "blue collar state" - that is a yes. And I can see as well how blue collar mentality could be affected by advertisement payed by Koch brothers and other out of state corporations. I can see them pointing at teachers and public workers saying "that's who is taking your heard-earned money," and those "silent speakers" pretending to be part of a "blue state" turning against unions, even if some of them are shooting themselves in a leg in a long run.

Oh well, probably it was time for Wisconsin to show its true color, although I feel sorry for Wisconsin teachers ( they were my favorite kind of people - caring, intelligent, capable - I have met quite a few of them.)
Nobody knows for sure what kind of consequences this whole Walker affair will bring to the rest of the country, but what's done is done; for now let Black Sabath begin.

(Gnutella, I agree - this was a spot on image.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin