U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 04:42 PM

811 posts, read 1,145,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Romney wants to get rid of police, firepersons and teachers... the "lesson of Wisconsin"

The National Memo » Romney Stands Against “More Fireman, More Policeman, More Teachers”

Guess whose vote he just lost?

Speaking of "klassy" I can find any number of youtubes illustrating the obnoxiousness of Tea Baggers..... there is a veritable library of them...
From the way it looks the liberals are being the only one's being Tea Bagged. It has started with the mid term elections and will go till the November elections.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 05:39 PM

8,177 posts, read 21,284,978 times
You're Welcome

-Scott Walker Voter

Old 06-09-2012, 06:00 PM

485 posts, read 901,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Imagine how succesful the pig-tailed one would be if she put that kind of energy into looking for a job!

Old 06-09-2012, 06:14 PM

8,177 posts, read 21,284,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyInGreatLakes View Post
Imagine how succesful the pig-tailed one would be if she put that kind of energy into looking for a job!
I did a little research and found the pig tails website Thistle is her name and she makes "Radical Music by Thistle" here is an excertp from her webpage:

"Hi! Thank you for visiting my site. I am a singer/songwriter and bicycle enthusiast living in Madison, Wisconsin. My birth name is Kristine Pettersen but I like to be called “Thistle.” A return to simpler ways of relating and existing as a creature on the earth is a high priority of mine. Through sharing music and riding bikes to exciting destinations, I experience a return to my core values of social justice, sustainable living, awesome friends and having fun. On this web site, there is a group mission statement for the Cycles of Uprising Tour I did the Fall of 2006 and information about bike riding and organizing in general. You can hear many of my songs for free if you click on the “music” tab and find out where I am playing next under the “shows” tab.A little more about me: I helped organize a group bike ride to St.Paul with the Grassroutes Caravan for the 2008 Republican National Convention. I also helped to organize a mobile bicycle village to Detroit for the US Social Forum in 2010 and then the Soular Ride to Custer, WI and back in 2011 for the Midwest Renewable Energy Fair. This year, the Grassroutes Caravan is planning a ride to Chicago in May of 2012 for the NATO protests. More about my musical background: I learned how to sing harmony from my Dad when I was growing up. I sang in choirs and musicals in high school and was in my college choir that toured Europe, California and Colorado. I left Madison, Wisconsin in September of 2003 on my bicycle and rode south to New Orleans with my partner Douglas. We lived outside of a car for five months on our bicycles that Fall and Winter, re-wilding ourselves and getting in touch with Nature. Biking influences the sound of my music. The steady rhythm of the wheels beneath me as I ride clears my mind of anxiety and the songs just come (except for when a car or truck gets too close for comfort). "

Radical Music by Thistle

Miles Kristian is the professional protestor who poured beer on a republican lawmakers head while out one night at a madison bar.

Man who dumped beer on lawmaker turns himself in - WXOW News 19 La Crosse, WI

Here is a video of Thistle preforming

Grassroutes Caravan Performance Part 2 - YouTube

Old 06-10-2012, 09:17 AM

2,201 posts, read 3,229,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Romney wants to get rid of police, firepersons and teachers... the "lesson of Wisconsin"

The National Memo » Romney Stands Against “More Fireman, More Policeman, More Teachers”

Guess whose vote he just lost?

Speaking of "klassy" I can find any number of youtubes illustrating the obnoxiousness of Tea Baggers..... there is a veritable library of them...

Dude/honey,
Reread your reference. It is not news, it is propoganda. One cannot use the ntion as a source if one wants to be taken seriously.

Post a few of these tea party videos you speak of.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:49 PM

21,137 posts, read 17,399,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveurdream View Post
Unions are destroying states and cities all over the country. The votes that were for Walker is just the start of what is coming over the next few decades. Public unions will be destroyed because of the destruction they are making.

Now don't confuse private unions with public unions (aka government unions).
Tis not unions that are "destroying states ans cities" all over the country, but corporations and greed. ( Wal- Mart, anyone?)
Unions, as imperfect as they are, were instrumental in constraining the greed of employers, who are always striving for ever bigger profits on the back of employees. This is eternal, and as long as employers are willing to share generously with their workers, the system keeps on ticking. However when employers start eying even bigger profits somewhere else, ( meaning China, India- you name it,) and make their own countrymen to compete for the scarce jobs and incomes, with no unions to interfere, that's when the whole system is about to collapse.
You of course can blame Unions for that, but I am thinking more in terms of one famous fairy-tale about the fisherman and his wife.

The Tale of the Fisherman and the Fish, Russian Fairy Tale

The lesson learned - when corporations want too much, they'll be left with nothing.
Greed can't remain unchecked - it's destructive.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:12 PM

2,201 posts, read 3,229,982 times

Thanks for posting videos.
Comments - First video (Parkinsons guy) was proven to be a plant. However Protest guys probably would have been best served by ignoring him instead of talking at him though.

Second video - Looked liked a peaceful rally wherein distance was kept and no one was threatened with volience or mayhem. The title "Hate comes to Orange County" is melodramatic and does not appear to be accurate.

Third one - Means nothing - looks like folks talking on a park. Hardly a threat or disruption.

In closing, your examples show clean, well dressed individuals talking, not blowing foozoolas/banging on drums, not breaking windows and not crapping on police cars.

Thanks for helping to differentiate betwen TP and OWS.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:49 PM

21,214 posts, read 13,736,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Thanks for posting videos.
Comments - First video (Parkinsons guy) was proven to be a plant. However Protest guys probably would have been best served by ignoring him instead of talking at him though.

Second video - Looked liked a peaceful rally wherein distance was kept and no one was threatened with volience or mayhem. The title "Hate comes to Orange County" is melodramatic and does not appear to be accurate.

Third one - Means nothing - looks like folks talking on a park. Hardly a threat or disruption.

In closing, your examples show clean, well dressed individuals talking, not blowing foozoolas/banging on drums, not breaking windows and not crapping on police cars.

Thanks for helping to differentiate betwen TP and OWS.
The Parkinson's victim was a plant? What does they mean? He was a nuclear engineer suffering from Parkinson's Disease. All he did was hold up a sign supporting health care because he felt if he could get sick, anyone could. How is that being a plant? And talking at him? They mocked him and called him a communist.

Targeted by the Tea Party: Parkinson's Hero Speaks - YouTube

Second video - Peaceful rally?! They literally berate a group of Muslims attending a charity event telling them to go back home, booing and shouting while Republican politicians call them evil, calling them terrorists and they will be happy to have their Marine son show them "paradise". Sounds like threats of violence and mayhem if the implication of paradise is death. They ask them if they beat their wives or if they are child molesters, that they're terrorists, terrorist lovers, that they are traders and shouting for them to go home throughout. These people were attending a charity event. Hate indeed.

Third video - A Tea Party group berate a small group of elderly people until the elderly people leave a public park. Then they followed them in their cars to a private home, continuing to berate them.

There is nothing peaceful, respectful or remotely keeping their distance by these "well-dressed people" (please) who go out of their way to attack and berate people who have done nothing to them.

There is something very disturbing about how personal the Tea Party gets. They don't protest a cause. They attack people on a very personal level, accusing them of anything they can think of, as if the Tea Party is nothing more than a shield for them to call people the names and say the things they've always wanted to say but were afraid to before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin