U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2010, 04:10 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,795,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdrizzle View Post
I've been to Lake Geneva two times but and only in the fall season. I work for a small company in Chicago and they are considering moving the business to Lake Geneva. I probably would move there but I think it would be expensive to buy a condo/small house there and then there is the tourist situation. It is a very pretty area and has a nice downtown. Anyone have opinions on life there?
What business, just wondering...

I would love to move back.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 08:05 AM

2 posts, read 21,620 times
THank you for all your comments. I'm not sure where exactly in Elkhorn... I'm just worried that I'm not seeing many choices for rentals. Since we are moving from FL we have to rent for a year then we can buy a home. I want the rental to be in the area with a good school so I can purchase the home in the same area and not move the kids to another school again! We were going to personally visit the three schools in Elkhorn- (Westside, Jackson, and Tibets) and hopefully we find somewhere to live near the school we choose.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:12 AM

261 posts, read 885,611 times
I would toss my two cents towards Delevan. It is an easy commute with well plowed roads in the winter and quick access to highway driving while still having a small town feel. There are also a lot of the larger cities types of consumer conveniences that make shopping within a budget easier without having to travel farther from towns like Burlington or Elkhorn. Burlington has no easy way in or out road wise and Elkhorn is at the end of a smaller highway. When moving from an area where you do not have to contend with high snow levels, for long periods of time, it is a challenge to get comfortable with the roads. Delevan is about a 25 min. radius from Lake Geneva, Janesville, and into Ill. for the commuter trains that go directly into Chicago. There are a lot of rentals and homes for sale, as well as expansion in Delevan. Good luck on your choices.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:58 PM

6 posts, read 15,357 times
Hrm, I live in "Town of Geneva" and we have Lake Geneva addresses, and I went to Badger Highschool in Lake Geneva, and we are about 5 minutes north-west of Lake Geneva. Very nice neighborhood...I would pretty much call it a subdivison of Lake Geneva. I've got some video on my Facebook and pictures if you want to see them. Obviously this is just a nice place to live and we don't have any stores other than a gas station and a few bars so you'd have to make that 5 minute drive to downtown Lake Geneva or its roughly 12 minutes to delevan and 7 to Elkhorn.

Here is our little community website..Town of Geneva, Walworth County, Wisconsin : Home its honestly an extension of Lake Geneva minus the high prices and tourists.

Edit: We are also known as "Lake Como" since we are directly on that lake. Check it out on Google Maps.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:16 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,145,073 times
Williams Bay is a good option too. It's a bit smaller than some of the places mentioned, but it is still on the lake (along with Lake Geneva and Fonatana) and within an easy drive to the town of Lake Geneva. There is not too much of a downtown in Williams Bay, but it is a quaint place with a nice lakeshore path to walk and a decent beach area. Major shopping is in Delevan which is about 15 minutes away. However, if you work in Lake Geneva, then you'll likely just do your shopping there after work or on lunch breaks. My wife grew up in Williams Bay and her parents still live there. We live in Madison and visit them often.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:31 PM

44 posts, read 91,476 times
I live in Twin Lakes which is about a 12 minute drive to Lake Geneva. My daughter works in Lake Geneva and is a pretty short drive up Rt. 12. Plenty of places to rent depending on what you are looking for. Randall school is excellent as well as Lakewood. Both are K thru 8th grade. High school is Wilmot.Twin Lakes is a quaint little town but excellent spring fed lakes. Visit LiveTwinLakes.com - Twin Lakes Wisconsin Real Estate for Sale. Search Twin Lakes real estate. Search for Twin Lakes, WI Realtors. Search Twin Lakes lakefront properties. Living in Twin Lakes, WI. for more info on TL. Click on the Chamber link and the School Report link. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin