U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 08:56 AM

432 posts, read 492,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad93ex View Post
I don't think you would have any trouble in either Oshkosh or Neenah.
I don't even think accounts like those are real people. there seems like a pace where every 6 weeks or so there's a race based or gay/lesbian based low post count thread and the biggest thing they post is "diverse" or "diversity" relative to all places not milwaukee/madison.
'mass transit' is another one as in get it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drea84 View Post
I'm from South FL and moved to Appleton/Menasha about 3 years ago. I would never consider living in Oshkosh!! ...I consider it pretty run down. Not to offend anyone just my opinion and there seems to be quite a heroin problem there.
i agree with it looking pretty run down. maybe that's due to all the road construction going on there?
we weren't impressed with the housing stock either and well, it was just too flat, like farmland in dane our southern wi.

mexican heroin has flooded all parts of this country and will continue to be a huge problem as long as we have no southern border and catch and release policies for illegals. they are selling it themselves and also established gangs are sell it. and both have been branching out into new territories with ignorant (not in a bad way) people and less police presence, so a lot of rural towns are having a lot of problems.

from the larger small towns, it goes into the rural areas mainly by white locals. this is why people need to do a thorough investigation of the place they want to live and think how much is under your control there. the more multi-family, the less control you have.

In the Grip of Heroin Part 1: Trends in Wisconsin | WUWM

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago...t?oid=11880026

Old 04-20-2014, 10:33 PM

103 posts, read 190,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milt14 View Post
I don't even think accounts like those are real people. there seems like a pace where every 6 weeks or so there's a race based or gay/lesbian based low post count thread and the biggest thing they post is "diverse" or "diversity" relative to all places not milwaukee/madison.
'mass transit' is another one as in get it.
There's probably a selection bias for what people will seek help on a demographics forum. People concerned about diversity/mass transit/racial statistics/LGBT stuff are probably more likely to be concerned with demographics in general, and thus seek information here. People who don't care about those things are less likely to care about a site like CityData.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:54 AM

7 posts, read 8,376 times
Easy choice, Appleton is the best of the three cities listed by a wide margin.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:49 AM

Old 04-27-2014, 05:38 PM

911 posts, read 1,958,202 times
To raise a family, I'd prefer Appleton.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:33 AM

4 posts, read 5,850 times
Green bay cops are nut jobs will beat you up the get away with it.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisin355 View Post
Green bay cops are nut jobs will beat you up the get away with it.
on the 1-10 troll-o-meter, about a 2.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:13 PM

146 posts, read 63,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarewellToFondy View Post
Easy choice, Appleton is the best of the three cities listed by a wide margin.
Agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin