Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 AM

54 posts, read 307,104 times

Advertisements

What about Baraboo? Good striking distance to the Dells and Madison, Rockford, Chicago, Dubuque...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 03:08 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,615,586 times
I think Baraboo is a nice town.We stayed overnite twice and enjoyed Devils Head park/lake before the mad rush hit(I hear it gets packed,but we had the place to ourselves.)we encountered Friendly people and had fabulous breakfasts at Log Cabin rest.Dowtown is cute,clean,lovely old homes and neighborhoods,but this is from a visitor,dont know if the natives have anything negative to say.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:43 PM

13 posts, read 53,686 times
Cool Janesville ???????????????????????

I live in Janesville and the only reason I came back is because of my elderly parents. When there gone I'll be gone from this state and city. High taxes, closed minded people (who have never been anywhere else, but act like they have). Poor climate, poor jobs, no culture (unless is all you want to talk about are the Packers and deer hunting). Night life to most Janesville folks is sitting in a Bar and getting drunk out of your mind. If you move hear and your kids get a job, is all you'll here about is how you took there kids or grandkids job (they really don't like outsiders. You also better not drive a Honda or Toyota, this is a GM town and it will be vandalized sooner or latter. Think twice before coming to Wisconsin and Janesburg.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:48 AM

41 posts, read 105,970 times
the only fun in janesville is bars!! Were trying to get out of here!!!! If u like a town where its all about drama, this is the town for ya

Old 11-10-2007, 12:25 AM

32 posts, read 109,805 times
Never move anywhere sight unseen. I have learned this lesson more than once.

I have lived in WI for over 30 years and never heard of the KKK in Janesville. What I do know of Janesville I know through a friend...she loves it. There is plenty to do, and it is close to things.

Lake Delton, aka Wisconsin Dells is a tourist trap. It is a beautiful area away from the main drag and development, but I havent known anyone who has actually lived there.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:03 PM

367 posts, read 1,023,851 times
Default never saw it

i've lived in wi for 3 years and my husband has been here ten years. we never heard of any racial issues in janesville. historically, wi (milwaukee) was the last state to desegregate. but...wisconsin..delavan and whitewater to my knowledge were part of the underground railroad for runaway slaves. I doubt there is much issues around here, unless some transplants brought it with them.
happy hunting for your new home!

Old 11-28-2007, 08:46 AM

74 posts, read 190,989 times
If you have kids, you should definatly look at the Parkview School District, at least if your on the south side of Janseville, its a smaller school, but theres a lot of nice people.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,271 times
Are any of the people who were so sure about Janesville NOT being a racist town any race other than White? Are you Black? Have you ever experienced racism? Its very easy to say that something doesn't exist if YOU have not experienced it and it doesn't effect you. A year ago I met a man from Wisconsin, we dated for over a year and fell in love, he would always come visit me in VA but wouldnt introduce me to his family in WI. He also denied that his friends were racist and he cried as I told him I didn't believe that, there must be a reason he refused to introduce me and my lovely child to them. I still believe he reason is because we are African American. I have read alot about the KKK ties to Janesville, the members were from all walks of life ther, church worker, factory workers, well educated folks. That report was found in the Janesville Gazette archives, documented from the 1920's- not the 1820's!

Be Careful. Sure there is racism everywhere but there are also those who know how to hide it very cleverly!

I hope that you find a beautiful place to call home where people will treat you with respect despite your ethnicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin