Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:16 PM

335 posts, read 1,208,542 times

Advertisements

and we got bears that will eat your garbage, birdseed or maybe you. we got wolves that will eat your dogs and we got west nile disease. we also got the blasto mycosis which is an earthborn disease that can get your lungs and kill or debilate you. we got poisonous spiders and rude and drunk drivers. we got tornadoes and floods and if none of those get you we have TAXES so if you son't die you just might be broke. Other than that it is lovley and cold, so you might get frostbite...................BUT................... .....WE GOT THE PACKERS and they have championships....not like out souther brothers in illinanoying. so overall we gots it good

Cheers

and we got the beer!!!

cheers again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 05:28 PM

3 posts, read 8,443 times
Default not too scary

We do have rattle snakes in the bluffs of the Dells in the middle part of the state. There is nothing for big bugs. If you live in the country the most you can have is raccoons trying to get in your garbage cans.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:22 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,524,248 times
Getting more and more sightings of cougars also but according to DNR wildlife managers escaped pen raised ones that original owners scared to say broke loose as get fined.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 3,576 times
I moved to wisconsin last June (2007) and we brought a house in Randolph. It is beautiful, however the commute to work is killing me. We hope we can find an area closer to Milwaukee, Brookfield etc for more jobs and a less stressful commute.
Can anyone suggest an area that is not too expensive with houses maybe on a 1/4 acre

Old 05-15-2008, 01:43 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,604,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeleine Bassi View Post
I moved to wisconsin last June (2007) and we brought a house in Randolph. It is beautiful, however the commute to work is killing me. We hope we can find an area closer to Milwaukee, Brookfield etc for more jobs and a less stressful commute.
Can anyone suggest an area that is not too expensive with houses maybe on a 1/4 acre
I would look into Hartford which is in two counties Washington and Dodge county. Hartford is a real clean town with so much to offer. I would also try Hartland or Oconomowoc(Sp?) I would definetly try around Hartford or maybe even Ashipunn.

Good Luck,

Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM

21 posts, read 119,576 times
Hi JKostcd, I see you said that the cost of living is really high in WI? I actually found it to be cheaper than Atlanta, where I currently live, and according to Sperling's Best Places, the Fox Valley (where I'm considering moving) is quite a bit lower than the national average. Is it different in Milwaukee and Madison?

Old 05-16-2008, 02:49 PM

534 posts, read 1,594,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berries View Post
and we got bears that will eat your garbage, birdseed or maybe you. we got wolves that will eat your dogs and we got west nile disease. we also got the blasto mycosis which is an earthborn disease that can get your lungs and kill or debilate you. we got poisonous spiders and rude and drunk drivers. we got tornadoes and floods and if none of those get you we have TAXES so if you son't die you just might be broke. Other than that it is lovley and cold, so you might get frostbite...................BUT................... .....WE GOT THE PACKERS and they have championships....not like out souther brothers in illinanoying. so overall we gots it good

Cheers

and we got the beer!!!
Do you bring down every thread in the Wisconsin forum. Dude pack your bags and get out if you hate it so much. Oh but beware, all states have issues, so you probably won't be happy anywhere. Geez, quit being a grump and live life!

cheers again
Do you bring down every topic in the Wisconsin forums? Every thread I go in, your there complaining. Dude pack your bags and get out if you hate here so much. Beware though, every state has issues so you probably won't be happy anywhere.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:57 PM

286 posts, read 1,150,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamhunter65 View Post
Getting more and more sightings of cougars also but according to DNR wildlife managers escaped pen raised ones that original owners scared to say broke loose as get fined.
I hear you. How could the DNR possibly know that for each and every case? For years, I followed the story of cougar sightings in the east, in the Appalachian mountains. It was the same story there. Someone would call in a sighting, and would almost be bullied on the phone. "You don't know what you saw. It was probably a coyote. There are no cougars here. It was a released pet." Always the same. One could almost visualized the DNR guy leaning back in his chair, feet up on the desk, ham sandwich in one hand and telephone in the other.

At the Catoctin mountain zoo they have a couple of cougars. I talked to the head zookeeper about the problem of reporting wild cougars. She was happy to talk about it with me. Said she has seen wild cougars herself at her farm (Northern Appalachians along MD PA border) but didn't call in the sightings any more. She got the same story from the PA equivalent of our DNR. There are no cougars here, you probably saw a coyote. Repeating, she was the head zookeeper of a zoo which cares for cougars.

I would like to think our Wisconsin DNR would have more integrity about it.

JS Online: Cougar sightings: Ghosts of a predator past (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=189037 - broken link)

Old 05-16-2008, 04:04 PM

286 posts, read 1,150,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Badgers View Post
Do you bring down every topic in the Wisconsin forums? Every thread I go in, your there complaining. Dude pack your bags and get out if you hate here so much. Beware though, every state has issues so you probably won't be happy anywhere.

Dude, check the date of the post you are referring to. It's from last year. Berries is now working on it, ok?

Old 05-16-2008, 04:05 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berries View Post
we got poisonous spiders
WTF is a "poisonous spider"??? If you have "poisonous" spiders in WI, I sure hope you called Guinness Book of World Records and reported that you found some as you'd be the first to find such a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin