U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 03:25 PM

9 posts, read 40,323 times

Advertisements

Anybody ever employed at Aspirus Wausau Hospital? Would be interested in how your experience was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2006, 10:47 AM

7 posts, read 28,228 times
I know a number of people employed by Aspirus. I've heard no complaints thus far that would signify Aspirus as an entity is not a decent employer. Though unfortunately I cannot be specific as I am not an employee myself. Maybe if you have specific questions I can pass them along to some friends and see what kind of answers I dig up.

I work across the street from Wausau Hospital. Lots of people work at the hospital... that place is growing like it's own city.

As an FYI: there is also an Aspirus clinic in Weston, WI (just a couple miles south-east of Wausau) that popped up near the brand new St. Claire's Hospital in Weston.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Wausau Wisconsin

"Passion for excellance, compassion for people". What is the duration of employment and assignment with Aspirus Wausau Hospital?

Old 02-23-2007, 12:48 AM

1 posts, read 7,404 times
I know numerous individuals who are employed by Aspirus or formerly Wausau Hospital. Wausau Hospital changed its name because of its reputation in the community. They have laid off employees on numerous occasions and then had to rehire employees again when they found out they needed these people. They then turned around and laid these people off again to make their year end figures look good, especially nurses. They have such a bad reputation that only new grads want to work there or travelers because the experienced nurses won't work there due to how they have been treated.

They do not look out for the employees and discriminate against them. I know because I have lived in this area for over 25 years and have watched this happen over and over again.

As for the clinic that was built across from St. Clare's Hospital, Wausau Hospital only built a clinic there because they wanted to compete with Marshfield Hospital. Wausau Hospital had years to build in this area and refused to until it realized it wasn't the only game in town (WEston). They tried to block the building of St. Claire's but Weston told them no since they had 15 years to build in that exact location and they chose not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan D View Post
I know a number of people employed by Aspirus. I've heard no complaints thus far that would signify Aspirus as an entity is not a decent employer. Though unfortunately I cannot be specific as I am not an employee myself. Maybe if you have specific questions I can pass them along to some friends and see what kind of answers I dig up.

I work across the street from Wausau Hospital. Lots of people work at the hospital... that place is growing like it's own city.

As an FYI: there is also an Aspirus clinic in Weston, WI (just a couple miles south-east of Wausau) that popped up near the brand new St. Claire's Hospital in Weston.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:52 PM

Exclamation Compassion for who??

Kitten,

You are closer to the money than the previous post. Your persception matches mine and I unfortunately have nothing positive to say about Aspirus. The whole group from admin down are a bunch of lying hippocrits! I will do everything in my power to ward off new grads from seeking employment there and will send ALL of my patients to St. Clairs or elsewhere. I wish Wausau would wake up and close them down!!

Thanks for your post!!

genome Rocks!!!

Old 02-23-2007, 05:02 PM

56 posts, read 349,981 times
FWIW, most people who I know who are employed at Aspirus are quite happy and have been employed there for quite a few years.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:47 PM

537 posts, read 1,778,829 times
I worked at Aspirus from 2002-2006 and I enjoyed my time there. I am still in touch with quite a few people who work there and they still like it. I think with any company you will find people who like their employees and others who aren't happy.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Chairborn ranger and EKG

EKG, I am glad that you are happy and I sure that your personality fits with the "click" that encompasses the aspirus imaginary logo. Once they had somewhat of a monopoly with being the only medical entity within the Wausau community but now thank god their is competition and I am hoping that the revenue ticket makes a 180 turn towards their competition.

Chairborn, you must be in the administrative chain based on your post and politicallt correct post. Wont be difficult to figure you out after a few more post, so keep it coming!!

Genome

Old 02-25-2007, 09:22 AM

56 posts, read 349,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genome45 View Post
EKG, I am glad that you are happy and I sure that your personality fits with the "click" that encompasses the aspirus imaginary logo. Once they had somewhat of a monopoly with being the only medical entity within the Wausau community but now thank god their is competition and I am hoping that the revenue ticket makes a 180 turn towards their competition.

Chairborn, you must be in the administrative chain based on your post and politicallt correct post. Wont be difficult to figure you out after a few more post, so keep it coming!!

Genome

No, Genome, I am not an Administrator or a part of any "administrative chain", whatever that is.

All I said is that my impression is that most people who I know who are employed by Aspirus seem to be happy and have been employed there for quite a few years.

I am not affilliated with Aspirus in any way whatsoever----I am just a private citizen who resides in the greater Wausau community-------but then again, I don't have an "axe to grind" with Aspirus, either.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 7,077 times
From a patients point of view, I have nothing positive to say about the Aspirus system. I'll have to leave it at that or I'd most likely get banned from this message board! I have had the most horrible experiences, 2 years worth at Aspirus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin