Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2012, 04:40 PM

3 posts, read 7,705 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I'm an international student and I applied to UW-Platt. I really don't know what to do, i've always lived in a big city and i really like to go out to try new restaurants every now and then, i like malls and movie theaters, but Platteville barely has any. What's there to do in Platteville Wisconsin?

Good places to live in? (all I care about is a safe area and a clean place. What is the most luxurious area in that town? Price doesn't matter.)

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 05:21 PM

29 posts, read 69,558 times
I attended UW-Platteville from 1994-2000. If you are used to living in a larger city and want to enjoy all that a large city has to offer, it will be a huge change to live in Platteville. While it is a college town, it still looks, feels, and lives like a small town. The town has grown some since I graduated and moved back to Madison, but I'm pretty sure that much hasn't changed. There are going to be some restaurants of course, and I think a smallish movie theater, but there were lots of times when we would drive to Dubuque, IA to go do things. Dubuque is about a 20-25 minute drive and is 5 times the size/population of Platteville, so it has more things to do.

You mention that you want a safe and clean place, and I would say Platteville meets those requirements. I don't know much about what would be the most luxurious are in town, I only lived on campus and in a fraternity house nearby.

I hope you enjoy it, I did.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 AM

149 posts, read 315,201 times
Yeah...i've been down that way once. My sister use to live down that way. Not a place I'd ever want to live. Safe? yeah...no problems there..i'm sure its clean too. You'll have to drive down to Dubuque for something to do (that town was ghetto when i was there last, but its been 20 years) but i'm sure its completely changed.

Luxurious area? In Plateville? My guess its all pretty much the same...

Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,823 times
Platteville is a great community to live in. There isn't a bad part of town and Platteville has many nice neighborhoods. Depends on what you are looking for.

As for things to do in Platteville, the Avalon Cinema on Main Street has 3 theaters inside and the Millennium Cinema is out on Business 151 towards Wal-Mart, Menards, and Take 2, and has 4 or 5 theaters in it.

The campus does a wide variety of programming for students from concerts to art, comedy nights to sports events. They have a plethora of clubs and organizations for students to join.

As for shopping, Platteville has an active Main Street with new businesses coming opening soon. As someone stated earlier, we do not have any shopping malls, but Dubuque is only 25 miles away and Madison is just over an hour away. However, Platteville does have a wide variety of shopping opportunities to meet the needs of most people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin