Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:06 PM

57 posts, read 163,229 times

Advertisements

mod cut

We did find a rental place and the Landlord is taking us all. Benefit is that it is still in the school district.
Found the place when I was driving around the neighborhood. Wasn't listed anywhere like Craigslist, so if you can that might be an option to just drive around and call.

Good Luck to all of you who are looking.

Last edited by golfgal; 03-22-2013 at 04:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 11:02 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,177,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIgirl85 View Post
Waukesha is a nice area...anything in Waukesha County is really. I would advise to stay away from downtown for a rental, parking sucks and everything is cramped. Depending on what part of Waukesha you ard thinking of living will depend on prices, as will the size of your dogs. I'm moving to Texas in a few months and were having a hard time finding a place that will take 100lb pit mix. I know Waukesha pretty well so if you have any specific questions let me know.
we're swapping! What part of Texas are you looking at? My suggestion is to interview with the landlord and put in your lease they are allowed to walk the property/house once a month to inspect for property damage. That's what we did in N.H. and we saw the landlord twice. They just want a feel for you that you're not terrible tenants that have untrained pets. Apartments have breed restrictions usually.

There are so many foreclosures that rentals are popping up everywhere. Many real estate agents can be contacted for rentals. I'm in Wylie-which part are you moving to?

re: Waukesha-we have never been so we won't know until we get there were to set up shop.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosemom View Post

We did find a rental place and the Landlord is taking us all. Benefit is that it is still in the school district.
Found the place when I was driving around the neighborhood. Wasn't listed anywhere like Craigslist, so if you can that might be an option to just drive around and call.

Good Luck to all of you who are looking.
Thanks Moosemom, we'll probably have to drive around and look for rental signs. I've found nothing on CL that will fit our brood.

Good news is, if we love WI, we can buy a home next year.

Last edited by golfgal; 03-22-2013 at 04:07 AM..

Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 PM

15 posts, read 33,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
we're swapping! What part of Texas are you looking at? My suggestion is to interview with the landlord and put in your lease they are allowed to walk the property/house once a month to inspect for property damage. That's what we did in N.H. and we saw the landlord twice. They just want a feel for you that you're not terrible tenants that have untrained pets. Apartments have breed restrictions usually.

There are so many foreclosures that rentals are popping up everywhere. Many real estate agents can be contacted for rentals. I'm in Wylie-which part are you moving to?

re: Waukesha-we have never been so we won't know until we get there were to set up shop.
Crazy! Lol I'm moving to the Fort Worth area. We're actually looking into buying a house in Saginaw. The yards seem tiny, but less maintenance, so hopefully that whole situation goes well.

It really is hard to go wrong with anything in Waukesha County really, not really any bad areas anywhere. I acutally grew up on a farm in Mukwonago which is about 15 minutes from Waukesha itself, andvI didnt mind it there one bit.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:59 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Thanks Moosemom, we'll probably have to drive around and look for rental signs. I've found nothing on CL that will fit our brood.

Good news is, if we love WI, we can buy a home next year.
Sometimes small communities in Wisconsin have local newspapers posted in a online version and some have classified sections where homes are advertised for sale or rent.

I typed Waukesha News into the Google search bar and found this:

Waukesha County News, Politics, Photos, and Video | Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - JSOnline

You could probably find something to rent, lease or buy that way.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Sometimes small communities in Wisconsin have local newspapers posted in a online version and some have classified sections where homes are advertised for sale or rent.

I typed Waukesha News into the Google search bar and found this:

Waukesha County News, Politics, Photos, and Video | Milwaukee Journal Sentinel - JSOnline

You could probably find something to rent, lease or buy that way.
I'll go check it out now, thank you so much for your help! We leave Monday, it's a 16 hour drive, and we'll be staying in an extended stay hotel until we...are..um not homeless anymore.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:23 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Quote:
We leave Monday, it's a 16 hour drive, and we'll be staying in an extended stay hotel until we...are..um not homeless anymore.
I'm so excited to hear about your new adventure!

Old 03-28-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
I'm so excited to hear about your new adventure!
me too! and a little nervous. Wisconsin is a new place for all of us-Michigan is the closest we've lived and we really loved it there-wish we could have stayed but we had such a short time to get clients and income for our new business and in 2007 the businesses we serviced began shutting down so we had to leave

we ended up in IL for 2-3 years. We thought we'd start in Waukesha to see how we do-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin