U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 02:36 PM

57 posts, read 151,572 times

Advertisements

and a cat. We are currently renting a house and have been for 2 years now. The only reason we are leaving is that the Landlord has decided to sell due to his job changing his location. We have until March 31st to vacate.

I have two dogs (well trained) and a cat who lives in a 6-foot crate condo all the time. They all have been neutered and the cat does not spray. I also have 2 teenagers and am hoping to find them their own rooms, so looking for a 3-bedroom, but will make do with a 2-bedroom as long as the dogs/cat come along. We don't have a lot to spend on rent, around $600 with pet deposit, so I know this makes it difficult, but shouldn't be impossible.

Does anyone know of a place I can start looking? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 05:13 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,897,412 times
We are looking for rentals that allow pets also-it's hard everywhere to find landlords that will really allow them

Haven't moved up there yet, wish I could help-but if you come across any good sites other than Craigslist and apartmentguide.com let me know!

kat

Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 PM

8,347 posts, read 6,301,268 times
Are either of you looking for a specific area?

I would be very, very cautious about Craigslist advertisements for apartment rentals, and only contact a person by phone. Do not submit any of your private information over the internet to Craigslist or anyone where the site does not have https designations.

Last edited by NoJiveMan; 02-13-2013 at 12:56 PM..

Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 AM

57 posts, read 151,572 times
NoJiveMan ~ Totally agree with the caution using Craigslist. Just received a response that the "family had just moved to Madrid" so drive by the house and check it out. But in the mean time, send me all your information. Didn't fall off the turnip truck last week, so NO you they are NOT getting my information.

Right about now, looking just about anywhere that is close to Green Bay. Both my kids are special needs and we have awesome programs set up with the schools that they are currently in. I don't mind driving, but not more than about 1/2 hour each way. Otherwise, the gas costs would make it not reasonable.

Hoping upon hope that we will find something sooner than later, but if push comes to shove, I have found apartments that will rent with dogs and a cat. Afterall, I found the place we are currently renting while I was still living in DETROIT (LOL). Figure I can find something while I am living in the neighborhood.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosemom View Post
NoJiveMan ~ Totally agree with the caution using Craigslist. Just received a response that the "family had just moved to Madrid" so drive by the house and check it out. But in the mean time, send me all your information. Didn't fall off the turnip truck last week, so NO you they are NOT getting my information.

Right about now, looking just about anywhere that is close to Green Bay. Both my kids are special needs and we have awesome programs set up with the schools that they are currently in. I don't mind driving, but not more than about 1/2 hour each way. Otherwise, the gas costs would make it not reasonable.

Hoping upon hope that we will find something sooner than later, but if push comes to shove, I have found apartments that will rent with dogs and a cat. Afterall, I found the place we are currently renting while I was still living in DETROIT (LOL). Figure I can find something while I am living in the neighborhood.
L O L, that's a funny one.
I can't help you then, I'm in Kenosha. You might try asking in the Wisconsin chat forum though, there might be some moderators using that thread that might be of assistance.

Gotta luv those CL ads. In the employment section here, my wife and I were browsing to find her another job, one post says to submit your resume in response, ha ha, I emailed and asked who was requesting the 411 and they sent me a link, I checked the link doing a Google search, and it definitely was SPAM.
But think of the people who fall for this bunk.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:08 AM

We haven't narrowed it down yet-so far it's between Middleton, Lake Mills? someone suggested-Madison area. Hubby works from home, and BF and I are working out of an agency in Middleton-so we can live anywhere-we're temps!

Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 AM

39 posts, read 63,887 times
We are looking at the Appleton/Neenah/Oshkosh area or something close to that. Also, what are the areas chances for tornados?

Old 03-11-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnpbC View Post
We are looking at the Appleton/Neenah/Oshkosh area or something close to that. Also, what are the areas chances for tornados?
From city-data
Quote:
Tornado activity: Oshkosh-area historical tornado activity is above Wisconsin state average. It is 113% greater than the overall U.S. average.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:32 PM

We decided on Waukesha-I have a job lead there and there is an agency office there I can report to.
I've not found anything on craigslist I feel comfortable with for rentals-but good news is we are finally in a position financially to buy our first house!!

Old 03-13-2013, 10:06 PM

15 posts, read 30,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
We decided on Waukesha-I have a job lead there and there is an agency office there I can report to.
I've not found anything on craigslist I feel comfortable with for rentals-but good news is we are finally in a position financially to buy our first house!!
Waukesha is a nice area...anything in Waukesha County is really. I would advise to stay away from downtown for a rental, parking sucks and everything is cramped. Depending on what part of Waukesha you ard thinking of living will depend on prices, as will the size of your dogs. I'm moving to Texas in a few months and were having a hard time finding a place that will take 100lb pit mix. I know Waukesha pretty well so if you have any specific questions let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or