Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 03:57 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,928,690 times

Advertisements

it's snowing, Wisconsin cancels... Everything!
seriously Wisconsin, I'm driving in the snow storm right now talking into my cell phone to send this message. It's on believable how many people drive at 10 miles an hour with light snow and in the left lane I'm pretty sure they're going to spin out and not make it home. In the meantime, County snow piles are sitting at donut shops smoking a cigarette and drinking a cup of coffee doing absolutely nothing. Why cancel everything after school if this were Alaska they would think nothing of it but here in Wisconsin people treat it like its 8 national disaster. Honestly, how do people survive everyday life?any excuse to digWisconsin?and why not, it's only a misdemeanor!I honestly believe Hummels are better suited to survive in Wisconsin and the moolies
that live here now.
and what's up with all the check writing? I'm standing in line yesterday, and I 35 year old woman is buying a loaf of bread, she wouldn't tell her checkbook and spend the next fine for legitimacy to have a checking account so she can buy a loaf of bread. Anybody ever hear of a debit card. A credit card? Anybody?come on, who seriously write checks in this day in ageever notice when you asked someone here question but they don't really answer the question you ask but give you a long rambling dissertation about directions to the local 711?the world is divided into 2 types of people, leaders and followers. Wisconsin I find, is comprised mostly of followers. In this world, there are yes people and no people. Yes people take charge can make decisions and are not afraid to say no. The know people can only say no because they cannot accept responsibility for their actions. They want to pass the buck. They are ignorant.just which group the majority of Wisconsin nights I think fall intom?
now I'm reporting from Highway 43, and the left lane is traveling between 35 and 50 miles an hour with about an inch of snow on the road. The right lane is crawling along in about 20.in the past 30 miles, I've seen 1 County snow truck.
of course is blade was to feet off the ground, he was not plowing the highway. I just saw a car pulled over to the side with its flashers no smoke. No flat tire. Just a driver sitting staring straight ahead. He must of just had a meltdown from all the tiny flakes falling around his car.visibility is now down to 1 quarter of a mile.right and left hand lanes are now down to 15 miles an hour, way to go Wisconsin!this is America free reporting from Highway 43. Ohio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,985,404 times
Maybe the driver has other car trouble than what you can see as you drive and talk. Maybe he is texting and was smart enough to pull over to do it.

The woman writing a check, well she may have a debit card, used it for an online bill or something and forgot to put it back in her wallet. If it troubled you so, why didn't you ask her why she still writes checks?

Leaders and followers, nothing new there. It's hardly exclusive to Wisconsin. Leaders are often in that position due to power and wealth, it hardly makes them moral, ethical or honest. Not all followers are mindless idiots, nor are all leaders, brilliant statesmen.

Would you rather people drive like fools in the snow, especially in pm traffic. I would say it's an idiot that drives without caution thinking there is no difference than on dry pavement.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:38 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,859,963 times
It was nice to see the normally kamikaze Milwaukee drivers use caution for once.
The snow was coming down during rush hour faster than what the road crews could keep up with.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:17 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Hmm. OP.... Judge much? Like anything? Anyone? Anywhere? Your posts are very angry. Maybe it's time to look in the mirror. Maybe Wisconsin and its people aren't perfect, but I'm sure you aren't either.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:35 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
We're getting hammered in Kenosha, especially from the lake to the interstate.

Winter Storm Warning in Southern Wisconsin

Quote:
Snow accumulations: 5 to 8 inches of snow through midnight generally along the lake shore counties and southeast of I-43. Storm total snow of 6 to 10 inches. Highest amounts in the far southeast, and along the lake.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,169,496 times
Not sure what part of WI the op is talking about, but in northern WI it takes a lot of sow to get then to cancel anything and the drivers don't slow down until there is over 5" on the ground.

Hey, did the op know that plow drivers are people too?
They get to take breaks, lunch etc etc.

Sometimes they'll will wait to just a couple of hrs before rush hr then plow so the streets are clear for the masses.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:16 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,020 times
Quote:
I'm driving in the snow storm right now talking into my cell phone to send this message.
I stopped reading your post after I read the line in bold. People who talk on the cellphone while driving are the reason so many innocent people get killed. Get off your stupid little cellphone and pay attention to the road! Gah.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,077 times
The only thing I saw cancelled last night was some events at Beloit College.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:42 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Kenosha schools were closed today. WTMJ stated Kenosha received 12 1/2 inches, ABC7 Chicago said Kenosha received 13 1/2 inches. I'll say we received 13. It's still snowing. I heard Sheboygan received over 16 inches.

I agree with quert, put the phone down a drive.

OP is critical of people and what they do in Wisconsin, well, at least I-43 is a FREEWAY, and nothing like the Ohio Turnpike.
http://www.ohioturnpike.org/traveler...=1&exit__id=31
OUCH! That's expensive!
enjoy your stay.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Stay safe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin