Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Illinois Plates Targets in Wisconsin
Yes 5 11.36%
No 26 59.09%
Absolutely a revene target 13 29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 05:29 PM

409 posts, read 1,503,110 times

Advertisements

Illinois drivers drive much faster in Wisconsin than Wisconsin drivers do. No matter where I go, if I see a car fly by me on the freeway, more often than not it is an Illinois driver. Its nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 07:24 PM

335 posts, read 1,207,172 times
thye must all be in a hurry to get away from the debt collectors, as chicago real estate is tanking. they are probably trying to get to their vacation homes only to find out they have been seized or foreclosed on too!!! I would drive fast if I were them, and with $5.00 gas coming soon they will slow down if they can afford their fast paced lifestyle anymore...which they probably could never really afford any way!!!!!

They are just broke, busy bees who bit off more than they could chew. Just laugh at em..it works for me!!!!!!

Cheers

Old 07-19-2008, 02:02 PM

656 posts, read 1,307,388 times
well i spent several years in WI and i can say that they certainly do not like fibs that's what they call them it means freakin illinois bastards.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:31 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,541,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
The fact of the matter is people from Illinois drive obnoxious. Wisconsin folk don't take kindly to that. It only takes one family completely wiped outby a drunk Polish Chicagoan speeding' to have Wisconsin folks fed up. When in Rome do as the Romans. This is not a difficult concept to grasp. By the wayI am from Illinois.
Excuse me Don Vito...I'm not from Illinois, but I AM POLISH...and I don't drink!

Old 07-20-2008, 11:36 AM

carmac why are you offended by don vito? i'm sure you can relate to people coming into your area and ruining it. he's not saying all polish people drink and get in car crashes. he's just saying that that type of people coming into his area is ruining it. look at how ca is getting ruined by non english speaking criminals. by saying that i'm not meaning that all non english speaking people are criminals so if you don't speak english don't take offense.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,541,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonM View Post
carmac why are you offended by don vito? i'm sure you can relate to people coming into your area and ruining it. he's not saying all polish people drink and get in car crashes. he's just saying that that type of people coming into his area is ruining it. look at how ca is getting ruined by non english speaking criminals. by saying that i'm not meaning that all non english speaking people are criminals so if you don't speak english don't take offense.
Yes, I can relate to people coming into my area and ruining it...that's why I want to move from Southern California...but I'm not moving to get away from people who speak Polish!

Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 AM

no you're not!(wanting to move from cali to get away from polish people) that's because it's not the polish ruining your town. but if it were that would be the reason you would want to leave. get it? it's all relative. here he's talking about the
rogue polock. (if my post offends anyone i will remove it.)

Old 07-25-2008, 09:08 AM

BTW carmac do you think you will move? your post says you are WANTING to move. do you think you will do it???

Old 07-25-2008, 09:56 AM

11,973 posts, read 31,715,033 times
I'm originally from Wisconsin, but live in Chicago. I got a crapload of speeding tickets when I lived in Milwaukee County and had Wisconsin plates. I drive up to Wisconsin several times a year now to see family and friends, and have only had one ticket with my Illinois plate (and of course it was in Milwaukee County). The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department aparently has nothing better to do???

Old 07-25-2008, 10:25 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,902,843 times
The thing is, out-of-state license plates are a target in every state, not just Wisconsin. I don't know why. But the attitude of the OP (I know, its been a year, get over it...) is crazy and incredibly arrogant! I'm sorry I'm bringing this old stuff up, but it makes me so mad! His wife was breaking the law and got caught, so he's not going to vacation in Wisconsin anymore?!!! How stupid is that? Its that attitude that gives Illinois residents a bad name in Wisconsin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin