Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 03:42 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I don't mind the max highway speed being 65, but whats the deal with areas of Milwaukee where it is only 55 or 50 mph? That's completely retarded and there's no reason it shouldn't maintain 65 all the way through. There are no sharp curves, steep hills, etc.
People texting and yakking on cell phones, the speed should be 33 mph for those who can't function behind the wheel.

You people driving four wheelers (not just 4 wheel drives) need to stay away from semi tractor trailers when moving through the twists and turns of the highways in Milwuakee. I've seen semi tractor trailer drivers edge into other lanes when they're going around turns and curves, so just be careful and give them alot of space, and stay alert for traffic stopping suddenly in front of you.

Semi crash shuts down southbound I 94 - YouTube

Old 08-18-2013, 06:33 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
You would have to raise the speed limit to 100 for people in Milwaukee to drive 70! On a daily basis I am stuck behind people going below the speed limit sometimes even 10 below on the freeway.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:02 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
It's called distracted driving. People on cell phones, texting, browsing the internet, ladies perfecting their mascara, men dropping the roach on the seat/floor, beer tipped over, etc...

Old 08-18-2013, 05:34 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Idk about that, i remember somewhere on 94 i was going 75 in a 65 and people were flying past me. i probably had to kick it up to 85-90 to keep up with the flow.
Between the Twin Cities and maybe Portage there are points where people really fly. The Twin Cities to Eau Claire is generally fast. The southern parts of 94 suck. The whole southern part of the state is slow. Then drive north on 41, through the Fox Cities, and it's like a NASCAR event.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:18 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,169,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Between the Twin Cities and maybe Portage there are points where people really fly. The Twin Cities to Eau Claire is generally fast. The southern parts of 94 suck. The whole southern part of the state is slow. Then drive north on 41, through the Fox Cities, and it's like a NASCAR event.
Do you just make everything up on the fly? I twice had jobs in Appleton while living in Green Bay, I have years of experience with that strip and "southern parts of 94," and it is a FACT that people drive WAY faster on 94 near Milwaukee than on 41. On 41, I got passed once or twice a day going 30 miles both ways. I never go more than 10 over. Around Milwaukee, I get passed all the time.

Or is it a Magic 8-Ball? I'd like to know your methodology.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowsAndBeer View Post
Do you just make everything up on the fly? I twice had jobs in Appleton while living in Green Bay, I have years of experience with that strip and "southern parts of 94," and it is a FACT that people drive WAY faster on 94 near Milwaukee than on 41. On 41, I got passed once or twice a day going 30 miles both ways. I never go more than 10 over. Around Milwaukee, I get passed all the time.

Or is it a Magic 8-Ball? I'd like to know your methodology.
Well since you're the one who brought up methodology and facts, why don't you start off by producing some?

Nowhere did I state that I performed empirical research, or gathered facts. I stated my opinion, and although this may be difficult for you to understand, I'm not obligated to justify or defend my opinion, and I'm not changing it because of what you think.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:34 AM

Your opinion is 100% summed up here: "I don't like Wisconsin drivers."

Everything you spew is an opinion trying to back the above. When people from other states come on here and say that driving in WI is similar driving in MI or OH or MN, you ignore that and make up more crap. I have more experience driving these roads than you do, a lot more experience, and I don't have an agenda like you do (again, see: above).

I included a FACT above - I nearly never got passed going 10 over on 41 over the course of 5 years and countless miles; I get passed all the time going 10 over on 94. Where are your facts? Why would traffic be slower near a larger population center, when across the country the size of the metro increases speeds markedly? Why would it be any different here?

Old 08-19-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Your opinion is 100% summed up here: "I don't like Wisconsin drivers."
While I agree that Wisconsin drivers have unique highway manners that I dislike, your "100%" assertion is as baseless as the rest of your so-called "factual" assertions.

Quote:
When people from other states come on here and say that driving in WI is similar driving in MI or OH or MN, you ignore that and make up more crap.
This may surprise you, but ignoring something is not the same as not acknowledging something in writing. I'm not obligated to respond to somebody's post when I read it, and not acknowledging someone's post in writing has nothing to do with whether I disagree with them or agree with them. And, I'm not sure if you noticed, but this is the WI forum, not the MI or OH or MN forums.

Quote:
I have more experience driving these roads than you do, a lot more experience, and I don't have an agenda like you do (again, see: above).
That's a fact, huh? I could easily state that I have more experience than you--WAAAAY more experience--but that doesn't make it a fact.

And, just because someone's opinion isn't agreeable to you, doesn't mean that they have an agenda.

Quote:
I included a FACT above - I nearly never got passed going 10 over on 41 over the course of 5 years and countless miles; I get passed all the time going 10 over on 94.
"I never nearly got passed going 10 over on 41 over the course of 5 years and countless miles" isn't a fact. It's subjective and abstract.

Quote:
Where are your facts? Why would traffic be slower near a larger population center, when across the country the size of the metro increases speeds markedly? Why would it be any different here?
I don't have facts in this thread, and I'm not required to have them to state my opinion, which I did. Unlike you, I have said that my opinion is an opinion. You, on the other hand, are disguising your opinions as facts. I don't think you understand the difference between fact and opinion.

And, since you keep throwing out facts, where are your facts? Since your facts are so well known, and they're so portable from one city to the next, this would be a great time to introduce them.

Last edited by 43north87west; 08-19-2013 at 12:53 PM..

Old 08-19-2013, 01:18 PM

The fact is that you're bitter regarding the citizens of the state of Wisconsin for some personal reason, and you have been projecting this hatred onto automobiles on the highways. You can prattle on and on all you want, but people can see through your agenda, so what's the point? Does it make you feel better? Do you consider it therapy? If so, that's great (for you), but the fact remains that anyone with extensive experience driving throughout the Midwest knows that traffic is nearly identical across the region with the usual rural/metro differences regardless of state lines. You're wrong, period.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
The fact is that you're bitter regarding the citizens of the state of Wisconsin for some personal reason, and you have been projecting this hatred onto automobiles on the highways.
Here's a fact: You haven't yet provided any facts, yet you keep using the word "facts".

And here's another: You haven't a friggin' clue about what you're saying. I don't have any generalized beef with citizens of Wisconsin, and for whatever reason, you can't get it through your head that your opinion doesn't supersede my opinion, nor does your Wisconsin citizenship status grant you some sort of incomparable authority.

Quote:
You can prattle on and on all you want, but people can see through your agenda, so what's the point?
Likewise for your agenda and sophomoric drivel....

Quote:
Does it make you feel better? Do you consider it therapy?
Do you consider repetitive false claims that your opinions are superior and factual, theraputic?

Quote:
...anyone with extensive experience driving throughout the Midwest knows that traffic is nearly identical across the region with the usual rural/metro differences regardless of state lines. You're wrong, period.
And, let me guess, you are conveniently an authority figure on regional traffic, with plenty of known-only-to-you "facts" to back up whatever inventive assertions make you look better.

Last edited by 43north87west; 08-19-2013 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin