Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 02:14 PM

322 posts, read 1,103,126 times

Advertisements

The reason I am concerned is that since the midwest had had an unusually cool spring, I was concerned that the forest might not be fully leafed out till late june or early july. I plan to visit northern wisconsin and minnesota and I wanted to go camping as well. So I guess my question Is will there be a full green forest by about mid- june? Thanks for any bit of help or advice you guys might be able to offer. Take care

P.S. attaching pictures will be helpful as well Thanks guys!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 07:13 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,276,554 times
yes they are already greening up as we speak. I would not live in a place that didn't leaf up until late June. Talk about living in a nightmare. By early July summer is half over and the obnoxiously cold nights are just 6 weeks away.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:37 PM

322 posts, read 1,103,126 times
Yeah definitely such a place would be a miserable place to live lol thanks for the insight =)

Old 07-23-2013, 06:09 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,820,528 times
Where I live in South Wisconsin, the trees usually leaf out in the second week of May.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:10 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,820,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
yes they are already greening up as we speak. I would not live in a place that didn't leaf up until late June. Talk about living in a nightmare. By early July summer is half over and the obnoxiously cold nights are just 6 weeks away.
Obnoxiously cold nights in August? I don't think so. I think OCTOBER is when the cold nights start. MAYBE Late September.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:41 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,276,554 times
I was being a bit over-dramatic. The climate along lake Michigan where I used to live was OK in comparison to where I'm at now.. I miss having the beach access for walks, even in the winter. I would have preferred the Michigan side of the lake for the larger beaches, warmer water, and lake effect snow however. But Michigan is a cesspool of unemployment right now. It's kind of "isolated" because interstate traffic does not naturally go through it at all, it's surrounded by water and Canada on 3 sides.

What would do if I didn't have to buy overpriced private health insurance is to start my own business, probably in home inspection, then I could move anywhere and western Michigan or eastern WI would be on my list.. but health care is too expensive to start one's own business, even with obamacare.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...ensive/274425/

Old 07-24-2013, 07:18 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,167,859 times
Warmer water?? The only trend is that the water is warmer south, not west, and the shallower the water the warmer it is. Green Bay has the warmest swimming water on Lake Michigan. You could have also lived in Door County (where I'm from) for just as much sand and lake effect snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin