Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 07:08 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfromipanemo View Post
This grayness just doesn't let up. And it's as I suspected, a lot of you don't even notice. How can you not notice day after day without a hint of sunshine unless you are a hermit? If you are like my neighbors, you are a hermit.
Not a hermit. I'm outside every single day of the week. I really don't care about the gray skies. Why? Because we get clear & sunny days too, just like anywhere else. Really, not a big deal. However, if one has such a hard time dealing with normal weather, perhaps you could move to say Arizona or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 11:29 AM

108 posts, read 150,605 times
Today's bright blue skies were a nice change-up from the past few days.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:58 AM

9,469 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Yeah, but Florida is mostly a dump.

I live in Tennessee and we have lots of "halfbacks" here. A halfback is someone from a cold northern place who moved to Florida and hated it, so not wanting to go back to the cold moved somewhere half way back. Tennessee is a popular place for Wisconsin and Michigan halfbacks, while over the mountains in NC, SC they have mostly northeastern halfbacks. I guess this post may be true, most people don't like Florida that much these days. There are so many people moving here from Florida that it is unreal. Not all of them are halfbacks either, many Florida natives as well. One thing is for sure I would not want to live there, heck I don't even enjoy vacationing there that much anymore. There are a lot nicer warm weather destinations then Florida.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:16 AM

570 posts, read 1,753,198 times
We enjoy all 4 seasons on our farm in Wisconsin. Winter is fun if you know how to dress. Much more fun for active people than hot, sweating, sun burning weather.
Attached Thumbnails
Why Don't Most Wisconsinites I Know Seem to Notice the Gray Skies?-190819_1743293434961_1617496213_1580045_1079297_o-1-.jpg   Why Don't Most Wisconsinites I Know Seem to Notice the Gray Skies?-dec-2010.jpg  

Old 12-06-2013, 08:10 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,021,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmuch69 View Post
We enjoy all 4 seasons on our farm in Wisconsin. Winter is fun if you know how to dress. Much more fun for active people than hot, sweating, sun burning weather.
we have family back in WI who couldn't stand the summers down here (for them just one 90+ degree day can be too much let along months of them), but for us that's why we migrated as we did not do or enjoy winter outdoor activities and much prefer summer ones. Heck even today, where both of our states are in an odd and not-so-normal weather pattern, i'd much rather hang outside here when we hit 80, then back home where it's single digits lol.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:28 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
we have family back in WI who couldn't stand the summers down here (for them just one 90+ degree day can be too much let along months of them), but for us that's why we migrated as we did not do or enjoy winter outdoor activities and much prefer summer ones. Heck even today, where both of our states are in an odd and not-so-normal weather pattern, i'd much rather hang outside here when we hit 80, then back home where it's single digits lol.
The sun angle in the South there in the Summer is what is the worst combined with the heat/humidity. Latitude is everything. It makes it feel hotter and you always have to be wearing a hat, sunglasses, SPF, etc. Wisconsin Summer temperatures can't be beat when it stays in the 75-85F range.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:10 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,021,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The sun angle in the South there in the Summer is what is the worst combined with the heat/humidity. Latitude is everything. It makes it feel hotter and you always have to be wearing a hat, sunglasses, SPF, etc. Wisconsin Summer temperatures can't be beat when it stays in the 75-85F range.
We have acclimated to the heat quickly. It is the rare summer day here that we wouldn't have the top down on our mustang when cruising around and that's with black leather. Not saying we won't sweat walking around Charleston when its well into the 90s lol but not dealing with cold and snow is a trade off we are happy with. This southern heat isn't for everyone but sure works for us.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:19 AM

108 posts, read 150,605 times
Hard to notice the gray skies when it gets dark at 4:30 but I think we have been on streak of at least a week. At least the days are getting longer again.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:35 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,415,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad93ex View Post
Hard to notice the gray skies when it gets dark at 4:30 but I think we have been on streak of at least a week. At least the days are getting longer again.
YES!!!!!! The shortest day is finally behind us.

Old 12-27-2013, 04:31 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
YES!!!!!! The shortest day is finally behind us.
Lots of people out walking along the edge of the roads this afternoon again. It surprised me until I remembered it was still slightly light outside and the air temperature was in the 30s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin