U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 04:12 PM

4,838 posts, read 3,645,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What does anyone see in that man? I don't know one person still in WI that supports him, even among the more conservative types (don't know many, but once a couple of frac sand mines popped up and they lost local control over them, even they jumped ship). Who likes him? Taxes aren't being reduced. The economy or education isn't getting better under him. It doesn't make sense.
I have no idea. Guess they're drinking the Kool-Aid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 09:41 AM

7,214 posts, read 8,103,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I have no idea. Guess they're drinking the Kool-Aid?
A lot of Walker voters were thrilled when the public employee unions were taken down a peg. They really enjoyed seeing that happen.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:44 AM

36,656 posts, read 26,488,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
A lot of Walker voters were thrilled when the public employee unions were taken down a peg. They really enjoyed seeing that happen.

Messed up. Sickening, really.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:36 PM

2,419 posts, read 3,123,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post

you mean some public employee unions, right?

because ironically the police and fire unions with their gov't healthcare, pensions, and union protections were left alone. Of course that had nothing to do with police and fire unions supporting him and other republicons and conservative judges for election did it? /sarcasm

Old 12-28-2013, 05:21 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,805,120 times
Almost impossible to keep one's politics out of such a discussion. All you can hope for is that people are civil and don't start patronizing/insulting the others in the discussion.

Ultimately, it costs "x" number of dollars to keep the ship afloat. If it doesn't come out of income taxes/ property taxes, it will come from somewhere else. It's just a slight of hand trick and, in my opinion, a deceptive way to get votes from people who blindly except what that what the governor says is true is, in fact, true.

The problem is, who will now bear the burden of these expenses? I'm afraid if property owners and people who make decent incomes (and I would fall into both categories) aren't the one's supporting the basic amenities so many take for granted in WI, it will fall on the lower-middle class to working poor. I've worked in the schools, I know how hard it is for the working poor. Read the book, Nickel and Dimed: Not getting ahead in America ( http://www.amazon.com/Nickel-Dimed-N...cked+and+dimed) , if you don't know what I mean. It is almost impossible for someone in lower socio-economic classes to get ahead.

Keep in mind the catch phrase: "Indiana [but you can fill in the blank for any state with low taxes], state of low taxes and low expectations."

Old 01-02-2014, 02:55 PM

560 posts, read 397,741 times
Gee, I guess I can honestly say that I don't know anyone that doesn't support him. Must be that I hang out with people that work, at least in the private sector.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:32 PM

4,838 posts, read 3,645,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
Gee, I guess I can honestly say that I don't know anyone that doesn't support him. Must be that I hang out with people that work, at least in the private sector.
Gee, that's interesting because I can honestly say that I don't know anyone who DOES support him & everyone I know works....except for my father who is retired. My father who is conservative & can't stand Walker, lol.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:48 PM

36,656 posts, read 26,488,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRlaura View Post
There is little worse than the delusional beliefs, or implications, that people that aren't neo cons somehow don't work, or work on the government dime. It is completely ludicrous and insulting, and show's the idiocy of Reps these days.

Heck, I'm rather fiscally conservative (not what Walker is) and socially liberal, but I could never vote for someone like him. Heck, he makes Thompson look good. How can a, so called, conservative be supportive of suppressing local control like he is? So much for small government. Sickening.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:19 PM

3,326 posts, read 7,870,552 times
Sure, you need taxes, but holy freaking cow, not to the extent they mug you in Wisconsin.
And don't worry, left wing Obama-worshipers have a disturbing level of unwavering support that Walker could only dream of. As for the comical accusations of Walker's support among firefighters and police unions, the much larger statewide unions did not support Walker, while Walker garnered the support of Milwaukee's much smaller fire and police unions.

Here's the link, again:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...cott-walker-a/

Last edited by northbound74; 01-02-2014 at 04:45 PM..

Old 01-03-2014, 08:03 AM

7,214 posts, read 8,103,064 times
My guess is that 2014 will see a tax cut passed. Walker will win re-election, and then we'll see Wisconsin become a "Right to Work" state in 2015.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin