Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 04:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,836 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a used car, but I am wondering if anyone knows of one that has reasonable prices and has a good reputation or is honest and trustworthy? Looking in Baraboo and surrounding area such as WI Dells, Reedsburg, Portage, and Sauk City are other towns I am considering. Anything nearby. You could also tell me if you know of any that I should avoid or that don't have a good reputation.

Last edited by localinquiry; 05-20-2014 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: You could also tell me if you know of any that are bad or would be a good idea to avoid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 05:06 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,015,532 times
Depending on the type of car you are looking for, i'd generally suggest starting at area "brand" dealers first (such as the local Ford garage, etc) or even Carmax. If the car is new enough it may come with their own short term warranty or you may find a certified version on the lot with longer warranty coverage. We've had better luck up there when buying from that sort of dealer over an independent such as Schoepp. That said, they seem to move a lot of cars and perhaps in our instance we just ran into a poor sales person and car. That can happen anywhere.
I'd recommend doing some homework online to search for cars of interest, its relatively easy these days to use internet sites like cars.com to find basic pricing and availability, and even see their carfax reports as well.
Note if you're looking for a cheaper used car, often those wont be kept at the larger dealers so you may have to search independents or even private party. Unless you are mechanically inclined, any used car thru private party should be checked out by a mechanic as well.

just my .02
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin