Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 02:59 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,530,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachlooter View Post
I live in Madison which is a progressive city. However, I signed up for my Driver's license exam in Darlington and when I went into a Mcdonalds there, people stared at me like they had never seen a minority before. I'm an Asian person btw. Are small towns in Wisconsin all like this?
Lies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 05:05 PM

106 posts, read 104,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I am not so sure....I live just south of madison and one young gentlemen in my building whinin here for a shirt term work assignment admits he's never even gone into Madison at all. Some people just really stay close to their house if they don't know an area.
This. Thanks ScarletG. I don't know why the others are so bent on proving I'm a liar.

And Again cheese plate, I live in Middleton, which is right next to Madison. Yeah, I know a bit of far west side Madison pretty well but I don't know east side, or south side at all. I've been downtown a couple of times (like once or twice) but I don't know the demographics that well. THATS WHY I ASKED IS MADISON WHITE MOSTLY OVERALL. as in the whole city.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:30 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,862,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachlooter View Post
I really don't. Haven't really been to downtown Madison or east side. Yeah, I know generally what the far west side is like but I don't know what the rest of Madison is really like.
You can pay $2 & take the 70 or the 15 bus from Middleton to downtown. Buses run pretty tight on schedule in Madison. Middleton isn't really that different from Madison racially. Sure, the direct university area will be more diverse, but most people in Madison have cars so what you see in West Madison/Middleton won't be significantly different than what you see downtown. Heck, take the bus to some restaurants or shopping on University Ave in Madison, & you'll have the general idea. It's not like Milwaukee, where you cross over certain borders & it's drastically different.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:32 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I am not so sure....I live just south of madison and one young gentlemen in my building whinin here for a shirt term work assignment admits he's never even gone into Madison at all. Some people just really stay close to their house if they don't know an area.
A short term work assignment is one thing. A teen living there is another story all together. Please.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:13 AM

Yeah, I'd been on State St a good half dozen times before I lived within a couple hours of the place. Went there in high school, college, etc. I think that's pretty common for people in the state. It's absolutely unheard of for an actual resident of the Madison burbs to have never been in Madison, though.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:21 PM

Y'all just need to calm down.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:51 AM

1 posts, read 862 times
I'm concerned about this. I am far from being Caucasian so this matters to me as well. I wiil be relocating to take a position at tomah Va hospital

Old 05-21-2015, 08:42 AM

^ Hi again zachlooter!!

Old 05-21-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
^ Hi again zachlooter!!
What is wrong with you? You seriously have nothing better to do. I wouldn't be surprised if you made that account, made the post, and then tried to make it look like it was me. More then likely, it is just another regular user making a post.

Hopefully a moderator that is following this can check my IP address or something with Jena and post/prove we're not the same user to shut up this cheeseplate once and for all.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:33 AM

Sounds good, milt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin