Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 02:22 PM

60 posts, read 86,822 times

Advertisements

Hi Wisconsinites, So I am wondering with all the states that are coming into legalizing marijuana, Texas seemingly becoming the most recent in legalizing, at least medical marijuana. I wonder where people in Wisconsin stand on this. Do people want to see it legal?
And if so, are you actively trying to get it so?
Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 04:47 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Pot is for losers and burnouts, we have enough burnouts in society I don't think we need any more of them.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:02 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,016,490 times
I can imagine those out in CO partaking in some weed and looking out the window. " dude where did you get this stuff, it looks like it snowed!"

Seriously i am all for medical pot if it helps someone get thru an illness or treatment. Not sure on it just for recreation though as one who hasnt had a drink in near 30 yrs i could say the same for alcohol and its not my place to stand on a soapbox

Old 05-11-2015, 08:01 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
It will be legal, eventually, everywhere in time. Just like gay marriage.

It makes no sense not to be.

I'm thankful it isn't my thing any more for me. Been there, done that. Moved on. But if I had cancer and it helped, it better be available.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:32 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Pot is for losers and burnouts, we have enough burnouts in society I don't think we need any more of them.
Mmm, yes, that's why I & others know so many successful folks out there who smoke pot. Just a bunch of losers.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:37 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
I'm not a user, but I'm 100% for it and for all above 21. Less money for criminals, more money for government.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:33 PM

I myself do not smoke or otherwise use marijuana, but it should be legal, there are so many great uses for it. And I know plenty of successful career working people that do smoke.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:11 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
I dream of a time in the not too distant future, where in Wisconsin, marijuana will not only be legal, but required

Old 05-11-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I dream of a time in the not too distant future, where in Wisconsin, marijuana will not only be legal, but required

In my experience there, even the people that do part take are VERY skiddish about it. I'm like, "The DEA doesn't even know where Wisconsin is, and they sure as hell aren't going there. lmao

Old 05-11-2015, 08:13 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times
Born and raised in Wi, moved to AZ at age 30 in 2008. Lived in rural wi and uber liberal Madison for several years.

IMO Wi will be one of the very last states. I moved to Arizona which is a crazy right wing republican state and they are full on for legalization. They want the revenue, savings from not locking people up and also to take some of the power away from the cartels.

None of those 3 reasons will be good enough for Wisconsin, just watch.

Medical is legal here and full legal will be on the wildly popular voter referendum in 2016 where it has a very strong chance.

People in Wisconsin like to impose their will on others, people out here just want everyone to be able to do whatever they want. It's like night and day. Maybe it has something to do with the large German population (I'm German) back there but out here man...it's really free.

Great roads, cops don't care until you're going at least 20 over the speed limit, people do not try to impose their will on you in the same way that is the norm back there.

These are just my opinions and not meant to be inflammatory or all inclusive/exclusive in any way, but I'm telling you guys who have only lived in Wisconsin, there is a real difference out here. Would you ever see a cop setting the pace in a 65 zone at 75 back there and then doing nothing when people passed him doing 80? Kinda normal out here.

Wisconsin is a police state compared to Arizona. Sorry. Nice to visit, never moving back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin