Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 11:15 AM

645 posts, read 834,838 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

My friend is moving to Wisconsin next month. Probably 1st week of March. I think he said it was Wauwatosa. I hope I spelled that correctly. I was just helping him out for the move. Just wanted to know what kind of life he would be expecting. Like good neighborhoods, night life etc. He is originally from Houston. Now living in Dallas for the past four years.

Oh.. and if it's of any importance, he an Indian guy, single and 32 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 01:07 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
People do live here, you know. Milwaukee isn't that much smaller than Dallas

Old 02-10-2016, 01:27 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
People do live here, you know. Milwaukee isn't that much smaller than Dallas

What? Dallas is twice the size of Milwaukee, and the Dallas Metro Area is about 4x the size of the Milwaukee metro area.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:33 PM

When did I say it was a barren wasteland?

Old 02-10-2016, 02:58 PM

253 posts, read 393,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_storm2004 View Post
Hello Everyone,

My friend is moving to Wisconsin next month. Probably 1st week of March. I think he said it was Wauwatosa. I hope I spelled that correctly. I was just helping him out for the move. Just wanted to know what kind of life he would be expecting. Like good neighborhoods, night life etc. He is originally from Houston. Now living in Dallas for the past four years.

Oh.. and if it's of any importance, he an Indian guy, single and 32 years old.
He should move downtown or the east side if he wants night life, singles, etc. Wauwatosa leans more toward families, and is not the hip spot for singles to mingle yet. Other than that, Wauwatosa is a good community with lots of development and redevelopment going on.

I can compare them both well because I lived in Irving/Las Colinas right off of MacArthur Boulevard. There were so many places to go, and many, many cool things to do. Wauwatosa is not like that. He may be a little bored at first, but networking and making fast friends will do wonders in a place like Milwaukee.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:01 PM

Well his office is in Wauwatosa. I am not sure what his plans are. Daily commute from Milwaukee seems doable, well according to Google maps at least

Old 02-11-2016, 09:00 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,097,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_storm2004 View Post
Well his office is in Wauwatosa. I am not sure what his plans are. Daily commute from Milwaukee seems doable, well according to Google maps at least
'Tosa is considered Milwaukee by most. I have an office in 'Tosa (Innovation Park) and a condo downtown. Commute is only ~25min, considering the recent construction. Well worth the drive because 'Tosa will be very sleepy for a single guy in his early 30's.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:34 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,886,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What? Dallas is twice the size of Milwaukee, and the Dallas Metro Area is about 4x the size of the Milwaukee metro area.
I knew that when writing my response. Two or three times as big, doesn't make it that much bigger, does it? Milwaukee is still a decently sized city with all the city amenities. And if you lack any, there's always Chicago nearby (and Dallas doesn't have that!)

Old 02-11-2016, 10:06 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I knew that when writing my response. Two or three times as big, doesn't make it that much bigger, does it? Milwaukee is still a decently sized city with all the city amenities. And if you lack any, there's always Chicago nearby (and Dallas doesn't have that!)

Yes, it is a GIGANTIC difference in the feel of a metro area. 3x is the difference between Dallas and New York, or Washington DC and Kansas City, or Boston and OK City. Incredibly huge differential.

It means its a different ballgame altogether.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:01 AM

Can you please mention some nice zip codes to look for apartments?

I am a little jealous, he gets to the natural beauty while I am stuck here in the concrete jungle here.

I don't know, I might be moving to NJ myself though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin