Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 10:22 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I think being prepared to standardized tests is a good experience. It might help your children further in life. I took many standardized tests in my adult life and usually excel in them, because I know how to prepare for them, and how to efficiently take them.
I think this is a matter of opinion and degree, and is different for different people. If one has test anxiety or takes test poorly, this could be crippling, especially in the youth/young adult years. So experience with them is good. On the other hand, too many standardized tests are a negative for several reasons. As with everything, it comes to balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 05:44 PM

459 posts, read 475,207 times
Wisconsin is a great state with a decent quality of life for the most part. I lived their many years. If you like four seasons of the year like I do, you'll be excited to be back in the midwest. I love the people and the nature Wisconsin has to offer, along with the other upper midwestern states. The only thing I don't really like is that occasional snow storm in may. Winter gets too long when that happens. Enjoy your new home and good luck on your move!

Old 04-01-2016, 05:07 AM

1 posts, read 683 times
Honestly, it all depends on you and how you want to live. Prejudice is real in Wisconsin and strong. It's sad but true. I never lived any where but here. I had a incident that happened to me just yesterday and has really gotten me upset. Milwaukee is the melting pot of Wisconsin. It's filled with everyone. I'm black. Milwaukee has crime on the rise and the crime is happening everywhere. Blacks have more shooting crimes and whites have more drug problems. Racism is still pretty strong in the US period. But it's what you make it. There is no safe place is this world. Problems are everywhere. You options are as follow: If you are black, Milwaukee county has the most minorities. And honestly, Milwaukee is not that bad. It's so diverse, people from all over the world live here. Milwaukee county is the only place for blacks to live. Maybe Waukesha county. When you break Milwaukee county down there are many places to go. Since your husband is a engineer, Milwaukee or Waukesha county would be nice. If you're white, Waukesha county or Milwaukee county. Waukesha is doing a lot of building with homes and infrastructure. I really suggest Waukesha county for a engineer. The have work setup there till 2050. Swerpac. Check them out. You Tube the history of Milwaukee county and channel 10 wptv had a very interesting special about Milwaukee. That would help more that anything or anyone. It show the history of different nationalities. How from the 1930's when blacks moved here from the south for jobs to how the whites ( Germans, Italians etc) moved out to the suburbs. It's just the city of Milwaukee that's crapy, not the county. If I was white and wanted to live nice in Milwaukee county Brookfield or Oak Creek. Mostly Caucasian with a few blacks. If you want all white Wausau or dodge county
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin