U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 06:38 AM

279 posts, read 718,885 times

Advertisements

You definitely don't have to worry about much tourism in Park Falls or anywhere in price county. That is probably as quiet as it gets. Very little in the way of jobs, as they never really moved on from the days when logging was the primary industry. It probably still is.

With your wife in poor health, you might want to consider being near a city with a hospital. Almost all of them up there are poor, but the one in Woodruff is better than the rest of them. Park Falls has one, Rhinelander, Merrill, and Tomahawk from what I recall, though you may want to check and make sure they haven't closed them.

All of these towns are pretty small and have an aging population. Clintonville does too, I briefly lived there and there is not much happening there either. It is probably the last place I would ever retire to, but it is quiet.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 07:13 AM

417 posts, read 308,609 times
I would recomend Rice Lake, which is close to Eau Claire and Rice Lake even has a really good hospital.

Old 09-03-2016, 01:31 PM

36 posts, read 61,975 times
Augie doggie.

Sent you a private message

Old 03-15-2017, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 1,722 times
Rhinelander would suit your needs beautifully. Not as touristy as Eagle River and Minocqua-Woodruff area. Larger than those areas also. While it is only about 8,000 people within the city limits, many people live in the country or on the lakes surrounding the area. There is a very low crime rate and excellent schools. It is sort of the shopping "mecca" for North Eastern Wisconsin. Even people from Upper Michigan come here to shop. I feel that there is not much shopping here, but I love to shop and am used to a much larger city. I retired here. Everyone seems to love our huge Walmart and Kohls. There is a very nice hospital here, and an absolutely beautiful nursing home with private rooms. You would be centrally located within 25 miles of Minocqua-Woodruff, Tomahawk, Three Lakes, and Eagle River. Park Falls is just a little further to the West. The big city around here would be Wausau, which is only an hour South. If you like winter sports or peace and quiet, this is the place to live.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:28 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,311,196 times
I spent all of my summers in Phillips until I was 14 years old. Great memories.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:50 PM

4,016 posts, read 3,634,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collithompson View Post
There is a very low crime rate and excellent schools.
Excellent schools compared to what exactly??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin