Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 07:54 PM

71 posts, read 299,780 times

Advertisements

I am just wondering about the people of Wisconsin if you are happy with Paul Ryan? I have watched this guy on videos and read news articles about him. I have never seen such a radical person on health care. I am totally against his ideas of making health more expensive especially older retired people. He so against our health care system that he can taste it. He is doing his level best to increase cost on everyone.You talk against the rich and he says he's not concerned about them getting a bigger tax break but only concerned with taking away health care. Are the people of Wisconsin going to vote him out of office. If he was here in Missouri he would be on his last term. I would like to see him removed from office quickly. I am thinking about doing a video to motivate people to start thinking of voting him out. What are the thoughts of the people of Wisconsin on removing him from office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 09:12 PM

2,568 posts, read 2,517,065 times
He'll be voted out next election if RyanIdontcare goes through.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:58 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,700,043 times
I live in WI and I do not like Ryan (nor Walker) and never have. I don't understand his logic whatsoever on his "RyanCare" proposal. But of course he will never in his lifetime have to worry about his own healthcare where he would be subject to what he is proposing for everyone else so it is no shocker that he doesn't care how it hurts or affects anyone else. He also married into a TON of money so he doesn't give a flying leap about the average American and never will.

He has clearly shown his true colors and I can't believe there is anyone that is not seeing it. I sure hope he is voted out at next election.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:30 PM

2,660 posts, read 3,856,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
He'll be voted out next election if RyanIdontcare goes through.
Doubt it - look at his reelection numbers. He has the job as long as he wants it.

What is not to like about the proposal? if anything it still allows excessive gov't intervention in medical care.

Obamacare is Dead. Even if there was no alternative plan being recommended, it would be dead soon due to it's own idiot assumptions and lack of long term viability.

That is what we get when we look to government to solve any problem. Ignorant proposals that are not solutions.

Those of you left of center that dislike Ryan should actually thank your lucky stars. You could have had someone much more right wing than him.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:58 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic View Post
I am just wondering about the people of Wisconsin if you are happy with Paul Ryan? I have watched this guy on videos and read news articles about him. I have never seen such a radical person on health care. I am totally against his ideas of making health more expensive especially older retired people. He so against our health care system that he can taste it. He is doing his level best to increase cost on everyone.You talk against the rich and he says he's not concerned about them getting a bigger tax break but only concerned with taking away health care. Are the people of Wisconsin going to vote him out of office. If he was here in Missouri he would be on his last term. I would like to see him removed from office quickly. I am thinking about doing a video to motivate people to start thinking of voting him out. What are the thoughts of the people of Wisconsin on removing him from office.
Paul Ryan is an establishment republican of the worst kind. I Wish he was forced to resign as he is a road block preventing any actual progress.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:29 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,098,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Doubt it - look at his reelection numbers. He has the job as long as he wants it.

What is not to like about the proposal? if anything it still allows excessive gov't intervention in medical care.

Obamacare is Dead. Even if there was no alternative plan being recommended, it would be dead soon due to it's own idiot assumptions and lack of long term viability.

That is what we get when we look to government to solve any problem. Ignorant proposals that are not solutions.

Those of you left of center that dislike Ryan should actually thank your lucky stars. You could have had someone much more right wing than him.
I'm certainly not thankful for Ryan. And what don't I like about Trump care? Lots of things. But start off with a 64 year old person (short of Medicare) having an increase of at least $8,000 per year in premiums.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I'm certainly not thankful for Ryan. And what don't I like about Trump care? Lots of things. But start off with a 64 year old person (short of Medicare) having an increase of at least $8,000 per year in premiums.
You have the same increases with current Obamacare plan.
Read and digest actual facts, not pablum fed to the masses by ideologues of either party in the media.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:26 PM

711 posts, read 1,688,815 times
Quote:
You have the same increases with current Obamacare plan.
Read and digest actual facts, not pablum fed to the masses by ideologues of either party in the media.
You would not have those increases under the current Obamacare plan. Ryan & Trump's plan would cut healthcare subsidies for people who are older & have less income. It uses the savings to give tax cuts to their wealthy donors.

Old 03-23-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse276 View Post
You would not have those increases under the current Obamacare plan. Ryan & Trump's plan would cut healthcare subsidies for people who are older & have less income. It uses the savings to give tax cuts to their wealthy donors.
Nope- sorry dude. Not only is everything you state false but you seem to not realize that Obamacare is going to die with or without any pressure from any replacement law. It fundamentally and structurally cannot work long term.

Older people (and I am one) SHOULD Pay more. We are the primary users of the product. Health care is not a "right."

Old 03-23-2017, 05:21 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Quote:
Nope- sorry dude. Not only is everything you state false but you seem to not realize that Obamacare is going to die with or without any pressure from any replacement law. It fundamentally and structurally cannot work long term.

Older people (and I am one) SHOULD Pay more. We are the primary users of the product. Health care is not a "right."
Get rid of the insurance company profit motive, and operate our healthcare system like every other highly developed country with high quality of life rankings. Elderly should not have to pay more just because they use more "health care product." This is not addressing stipulations of median household income level as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
View detailed profiles of: