U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 04:31 PM

75 posts, read 67,408 times

Advertisements

people don't care about your sexual orientation, that's your business. I am heterosexual and I get by just fine. I just don't run around a tell everyone.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 07:52 AM

41,487 posts, read 33,768,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by batemansbay View Post
people don't care about your sexual orientation, that's your business. I am heterosexual and I get by just fine. I just don't run around a tell everyone.
Sure, that's analagous

Old 12-16-2016, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,707 times
I think you were very wise to inquire about how you might be received.

One will find intolerance EVERYWHERE. There are areas here in Illinois that a straight, Caucasian, Brady bunch would be in danger of moving to. Other places that are melting pot and far too busy to sit around being in each other's faces and business.

I'm considering a move to Janesville myself. I came in here to learn more about the area as I've been in Chicago all of my life and am at the point in my life where paying ridiculous costs for a home (Schaumburg) are just not conducive to any part of my life as I'm now retired...don't need prime location any longer.

One thing I know about all things Wisconsin is NEVER wear blue and orange at the same time!

THAT would be hazardous for ANYONE!

Old 06-17-2022, 05:09 PM

1 posts, read 305 times
Janesville, Wisconsin is not LGBTQ friendly. I’m a young gay man from Iowa. Living here for only two months I have been repeatedly harassed by all my neighbors. They yell f****t at me all the time. They also come up to my windows and yell it in my windows. I’ve started to experience extreme mental anguish from being harassed in my home. I’m moving soon thankfully. I’ve learned that when moving look up the city’s page on social media and if you see angry reactions at anything pride related that will show you a lot about the community. I would never suggest to a gay person to move here. There is a lesbian couple that live on my street but they never come outside. I understand why now. It’s disgusting that young gay professionals cannot live in peace here

Old 06-17-2022, 07:24 PM

220 posts, read 141,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeKindBehappy View Post
Janesville, Wisconsin is not LGBTQ friendly. I’m a young gay man from Iowa. Living here for only two months I have been repeatedly harassed by all my neighbors. They yell f****t at me all the time. They also come up to my windows and yell it in my windows. I’ve started to experience extreme mental anguish from being harassed in my home. I’m moving soon thankfully. I’ve learned that when moving look up the city’s page on social media and if you see angry reactions at anything pride related that will show you a lot about the community. I would never suggest to a gay person to move here. There is a lesbian couple that live on my street but they never come outside. I understand why now. It’s disgusting that young gay professionals cannot live in peace here
My roommates and I were just talking about how prejudiced Janesville is. I assume Belvidere, IL would be a more accepting place that is a similar size and feel. I’m sorry you had those experiences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin