U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:12 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,055,366 times

Advertisements

Should I bring up the 1 horse towns or shall I say 1 bar towns blink missed em.
Josh you know Medford, Westboro you know what talking about as they are surrounded by them. Talking Ogema,Tripoli, and such up north more.

Closer to where I grew up have Arnold 1 bar that is no longer, Donald bar burnt down, Hannibal unsure anything left there besides post office.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 08:51 PM

4,229 posts, read 16,273,292 times
I love those little towns up there though! Side of the road sweet corn stands etc. You can leave your door unlocked.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:59 PM

10 posts, read 25,434 times
Point Place, Wisconsin is my favorite city in Wisconsin. Though I do have to say its not the same as it was in the 70's.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:48 PM

38,704 posts, read 93,930,095 times
Madison for a relatively urban atmosphere but without Milwaukee's grit; Sauk City/Prairie du Sac/Baraboo area has some unbeatable scenery for mid-state, especially in the fall.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Madison for a relatively urban atmosphere but without Milwaukee's grit; Sauk City/Prairie du Sac/Baraboo area has some unbeatable scenery for mid-state, especially in the fall.

I actaully went for a ride yesterday. Left Portage got on 39 South hit 60 went through Lodi then went through Prairie du Sac and Sauk City. Then hit 12 west to Baraboo. It took me about 2-3 hours total. very nice drive! I will post some pictures later.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:54 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,446,218 times
Smile May I addd an entire county?

That would be Door County. Since there are several towns within the county, take your pick depending on your likes or dislikes--St. Bay (shopping), Egg Harbor (water, speciality shops); Fish Creek (more speciality shops, great landscape); Sister Bay (Al Johnson's/restaurants); Ellison Bay (beauty); and Gills Rock (ferry, snow). That's only side (western edge) of the Door. Don't forget Highway 57 Institute (small, small); Valmy; Jacksonport (Lake MI); and Baileys Harbor (golf, water, restaurants, cabins). You couldn't go wrong with any decision. But, remember you must like snow, snow, snow in the Winter.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
That would be Door County. Since there are several towns within the county, take your pick depending on your likes or dislikes--St. Bay (shopping), Egg Harbor (water, speciality shops); Fish Creek (more speciality shops, great landscape); Sister Bay (Al Johnson's/restaurants); Ellison Bay (beauty); and Gills Rock (ferry, snow). That's only side (western edge) of the Door. Don't forget Highway 57 Institute (small, small); Valmy; Jacksonport (Lake MI); and Baileys Harbor (golf, water, restaurants, cabins). You couldn't go wrong with any decision. But, remember you must like snow, snow, snow in the Winter.

I seen your current location on your profile and had to ask. Where about in Tennessee are you from? I was actaully looking at relocating to the Bristol, TN and Boone, NC areas. Just wondering????

Old 03-01-2008, 08:58 PM

487 posts, read 1,083,720 times
JoshB and Dreamhunter mentioned Medford and area....Hey, how about Perkinstown? Actually my favorite is Iola, especially the 2nd weekend in July......Iola Old Car Show & Swap Meet.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:31 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,055,366 times
Perkinstown is another blink missed it area..tubing and such think still happens at ski hill but the tobbagen run is no longer.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:36 AM

dreamhunter & sportfury,

I'm sorry I'm not to familiar with the North Woods. I've heard of Iola's car show though. I would like to get up to some Northern towns this year. Thanks for pointing them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin