U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:17 PM

1,587 posts, read 7,024,012 times

Advertisements

Perkinstown is west of Medford om CTY M.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 05:10 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,433,657 times
Sorry for the delay in replying. Just returned from WI (family funeral) and am catching up with the forum. We have a home in Blount County in the Chilhowee View area. Since we love NASCAR, Bristol was a fleeting interest. However, it's just a little too cold for us. If weather were not an issue, we certainly would have considered the tri-cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
I seen your current location on your profile and had to ask. Where about in Tennessee are you from? I was actaully looking at relocating to the Bristol, TN and Boone, NC areas. Just wondering????

Old 03-07-2008, 08:32 PM

887 posts, read 1,343,447 times
Well my favorite section of wisconsin is anywhere between Baraboo and Lacrosse. The terrain includes rolling hills and deep valleys and plenty of old time omish people. I hope they never overly develop that land.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:08 PM

4,229 posts, read 16,204,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
Sorry for the delay in replying. Just returned from WI (family funeral) and am catching up with the forum. We have a home in Blount County in the Chilhowee View area. Since we love NASCAR, Bristol was a fleeting interest. However, it's just a little too cold for us. If weather were not an issue, we certainly would have considered the tri-cities.

That's the main reason I'm drawn to the Tri-Cities, you still get a smidge of snow and some cold weather. Plus the summers there aren't as warm because of elevation. I love the views of the mountains there.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:38 AM

5 posts, read 22,953 times
Default Lived in WIsconsin for 18 years...

Definately NOT Green Bay! The only thing we've got going is The Packers and Brett Favre and now we don't even have him anymore! Oh yeah, and cheese.. hehe! There's even a cheese shop at the little airport here lol.

I've been to places all over Wisconsin and my favorites spots have gotta be La Crosse and Door County.

La Crosse is hilly w/ beautiful scenic look-outs and laid back ppl. Cost of living is excellent.
Door County is famous for cherry and apple picking, wide open spaces, unique shops and tourist towns, and boating in the summertime.

I've traveled to tons of places and my family there keeps me coming back often... Nice place to raise your kids!

travelindude~
www.JoeMamaJob.com (broken link)

Old 03-09-2008, 04:29 PM

375 posts, read 1,235,985 times
We have really covered the state this winter. Love Door County and the area around La Crosse is gorgeous. I love the whole state, we are so lucky to live here!

Old 03-09-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateDaum View Post
We have really covered the state this winter. Love Door County and the area around La Crosse is gorgeous. I love the whole state, we are so lucky to live here!
I'm glad your enjoying it here!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:43 AM

1,345 posts, read 3,906,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
Milwaukee.

I have often heard that if you magically could give Milwaukee a more temperate climate, that it would be easily thought of as one of the best cities in the US, and I would agree (of course, if you magically gave it a more temperate climate, there would be a much higher influx of people, and it wouldn't be "Milwaukee" anymore).
I agree. I really want to get out of Milwaukee.(well I live in a suburb now) However, the main reason is the weather. I HATE winter. I'm going through a background check with Los Angeles Fire Dept right now. I'll still be trying with Milwaukee when they test this spring, but I'd take LA in a heartbeat over Milwaukee because of the weather alone.

Other than the weather though, I think Milwaukee is beautiful I'm definitely a big-city guy. The east side is just great.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
I agree. I really want to get out of Milwaukee.(well I live in a suburb now) However, the main reason is the weather. I HATE winter. I'm going through a background check with Los Angeles Fire Dept right now. I'll still be trying with Milwaukee when they test this spring, but I'd take LA in a heartbeat over Milwaukee because of the weather alone.

Other than the weather though, I think Milwaukee is beautiful I'm definitely a big-city guy. The east side is just great.

I couldn't agree with you more. I know Milwaukee wouldn't be the next Seattle. It could sure compete with Austin, I think. The four distinct seasona are the main reason people like it here. I would say that a winter that wasn't so long would be nice. Maybe 2.5 to 3 months of cold and snow.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:50 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,952,056 times
The area between Stevens Point and Wisconsin Rapids. Many years ago, during school vacation from Chicago, I spent three consecutive summers on a small farm by Milladore, in Wood County. Nothing awe inspiring, just ordinary farm country, but those were some of the best summers in my youth. I learned about farm machinery, the different types of crops, and all about the livestock. Andy and I had to go out into the pastures to bring the cows back for their evening milking. One of our greatest thrills was to jump around (barefoot) in fresh cowpies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin