Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 11:57 AM

1,346 posts, read 4,214,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. I know Milwaukee wouldn't be the next Seattle. It could sure compete with Austin, I think. The four distinct seasona are the main reason people like it here. I would say that a winter that wasn't so long would be nice. Maybe 2.5 to 3 months of cold and snow.
That's true. Everyone I talk to tells me how much they love having four seasons. It's just not my thing I guess. That why I want to be in SoCal as close to the ocean as possible. 55-90 all year is perfect for me. Never too hot, never too cold. haha I'm just definitely not a cold weather person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 03:14 PM

14,323 posts, read 14,620,586 times
Wisconsin just has alot of great areas and so much to offer! Farmland, bluffs along the Mississippi, the great lake shore, rugged rocks, waterfalls, inland lakes and all kinds of interesting towns to go along with all the great diverse scenery! I love it and I am glad I moved here!

Old 03-22-2008, 01:04 AM

21 posts, read 68,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The area between Stevens Point and Wisconsin Rapids. Many years ago, during school vacation from Chicago, I spent three consecutive summers on a small farm by Milladore, in Wood County. Nothing awe inspiring, just ordinary farm country, but those were some of the best summers in my youth. I learned about farm machinery, the different types of crops, and all about the livestock. Andy and I had to go out into the pastures to bring the cows back for their evening milking. One of our greatest thrills was to jump around (barefoot) in fresh cowpies.

Funny that you mentioned Milladore of all places. Though I'm from Wausau, I actually worked in Milladore as an autism therapist for a boy on a farm out there, and I commuted about an hour down from wausau several times a week. The drive on Hwy 51 was always pretty nice, as well as going through on some of the County Roads like S, H, and E. And yeah, the farm land down there was very pleasant. What a quaint little town Milladore is. On my lunch breaks I'd drive over to Junction City to hit some balls at the tennis court. Nice area overall.

Still though, I really love Wausau. We have such a cultural and ethnic mix, I wouldn't want to live anywhere without it.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:59 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,612,023 times
Glad your all posting. I even learned about a few new cities.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:48 PM

Any more cities anyone would like to add?

I have to say Rhinelander is awesome!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:10 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Any more cities anyone would like to add?

I have to say Rhinelander is awesome!

I'm with you on that one Josh. Rhinelander is a great town. Not too big, but has everything you could want or need. So much to see and do within 30 miles of town as well.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:50 PM

12 posts, read 45,658 times
I'd say the best cities/towns in Wisconsin are La Crosse, Eau Claire, Prairie Du Chien, Baraboo, Sauk City/Prairie Du Sac, Minocqua/Woodruff/Arbor Vitae, Tomahawk, Boulder Junction, Land O' Lakes, Merrill, Hazelhurst, Antigo, and Eagle River.

I think I'd live in anywhere in the Southwestern corner of the state. The bluffs are awesome, it seems so clean everywhere, and it gets really lush and green in the summertime.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:19 PM

Kat, Those bluffs sure are nice and green! Take a look at the Wisconsin photo sticky a couple of members as well as myself have put some Driftless area photos on here... The only bad thing about the SW part of the state is curvy roads in the winter. The topography resembles Pennsylvania as well as Southern Indiana/Northern Kentucky.

Minocqua is pretty cool, except the tourist situation.. For me Rhinelander offers everything Minocqua does in a more laid back setting.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,756 times
I grew up in Chicago but spent all my summers on my Uncles dairy farm in Junction City, I miss it so much and I do love Wisconsin, I think his farm is gone now, and so are he and my aunt, There names were Augustyniak Stanley and Teresa. It was some of the best times of my life.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:46 AM

767 posts, read 2,066,422 times
Favorite WI city: Definitely Madison. One of the best cities in America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin