Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 04:40 PM

2,661 posts, read 3,859,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There was no Obama inspired hate crime. There is nothing to apologize for, and it does look like Trump will be unleashing hate by appointing an avowed racist as a senior adviser.

Dude come on.

Obama and his henchmen have gone around for 8 yrs screaming, literally screaming, "RACISM" every time a white person either did or allegedly did, perpetrate some act against a "persecuted minority" in this country.

You think OBAMA has nothing to apologize for??? He set race relations back 50 years in this country.

The really sad thing is that he could care less about race relations. He only made this noise to create strife and stress in the country as he learned from his mentor Saul Alinksy.

These are facts and true history.

Trump's appointments may or may not prove to be what you claim. It is conjecture at best on your part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 04:49 PM

2,661 posts, read 3,859,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
A. Who are elitists & what makes them elitists? B. How was Obama negative for the country? C. Interesting that you can't figure out the obvious difference between a presidential nominee talking crap about everyone & some random nobodies who beat someone up. Wow.
The elitists are those who want others to live by rules they choose to not live by.

Obama's legion of failures is pretty long list.
Obamacare
Debtor nation
Almost no economic growth in 8 years.
Middle class incomes lower than in 1990's.
Thousands of pages of useless regulations
Government growth - generally a bad thing.
Drug use at all time high
Weakened stature of USA around the world.
China and Russia stronger than they have been in decades
Terrorism growth worldwide
Millions of acres of land taken away from productive use
Billions of dollars thrown away on corrupt failed stimulus.

I could go on and on.
He has proven to be a weak little boy child who has been pretty horrendous for the country.

Regarding the hate crime in IL: I never said anything about Trump in my previous post.
You are making bad assumptions. Then again liberals live of life of crap assumptions every single day.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:27 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,102,284 times
My personal view is that there was a great deal of racial injustice, bigotry, racism before Obama arrived. He had the guts to talk about what was there, to help the country to deal with it. It has not been easy, but we are starting to see how much entrenched, unrecognized racism was still there. If you feel that race relations were set back by Obama, that is because you are in the priviledged class and were happy keeping people of color down; keeping all the hate under wraps is good for those on the top. This last election has really brought the bigotry out of the closet, I think. Look at all the hate crimes being committed all over the country. It really is a wake up call to those who think that equality is the bedrock of the American belief system. We have a lot of work to do.

CCjarider, the things you say are "facts and true history" are just opinions. Very few of your statements can be verified, which makes them NOT facts. Some of the problems you lay at Obama's feet were inherited from past administrations, and some problems could not be worked on because the congress refused to work on them. Of course, you have a right to your opinions, as does everyone else.

It is interesting to read your description of Obama as a "boy child" when this has been applied so often to Trump. Obama may not have gone the direction you wanted, but he is at least an adult. To me, Trump seems so thin skinned and defensive, so easy to goad, so childish that one expects him to stick out his tongue at people he doesn't like. Do you see him like that as well?

Old 01-06-2017, 03:14 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
i have not read the entire thread. I am also not well versed on this topic. having said that,

1) i was under the impression that we all pay into social security from the minute we start working.

So, it is not a handout from the government, but something we all paid into. Right or wrong?

2) i wish the government would reduce military spending (the big war machine ) so that we can

attempt to reduce the deficit. There is a lot of unnecessary spending in that area.

3) we need to stop invading, spending money, meddling into other countries affairs, stop

the war machine ($$$$$$$ very expensive)and that in turn should help to reduce the deficit.

And this way we can fix our infrastructure (roads, bridges, etc.) help out our senior citizens, especially

if they have already paid into the social security program to begin with.

we need to take care of our own people (senior citizens, veterans), problems, before we go out meddling

into other countries!
amen!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2017, 03:24 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Ryan is a snake. I never did trust him. He tried that when he and Romney were running.
You misinformed people who voted for Trump haven't seen the last of it yet. More Republican Tricks are on the way. This time READ to find out what is in it. Don't listen to their slick speeches....

Old 01-06-2017, 11:52 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,373,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
My personal view is that there was a great deal of racial injustice, bigotry, racism before Obama arrived. He had the guts to talk about what was there, to help the country to deal with it. It has not been easy, but we are starting to see how much entrenched, unrecognized racism was still there. If you feel that race relations were set back by Obama, that is because you are in the priviledged class and were happy keeping people of color down; keeping all the hate under wraps is good for those on the top. This last election has really brought the bigotry out of the closet, I think. Look at all the hate crimes being committed all over the country. It really is a wake up call to those who think that equality is the bedrock of the American belief system. We have a lot of work to do.

CCjarider, the things you say are "facts and true history" are just opinions. Very few of your statements can be verified, which makes them NOT facts. Some of the problems you lay at Obama's feet were inherited from past administrations, and some problems could not be worked on because the congress refused to work on them. Of course, you have a right to your opinions, as does everyone else.

It is interesting to read your description of Obama as a "boy child" when this has been applied so often to Trump. Obama may not have gone the direction you wanted, but he is at least an adult. To me, Trump seems so thin skinned and defensive, so easy to goad, so childish that one expects him to stick out his tongue at people he doesn't like. Do you see him like that as well?

Obama has been very, very thin skinned and deals with those who oppose him with help from his surrogates in the media, IRS, NSA, etc. Trump, while thin skinned, makes it public in his words and actions but he has no real power to do anything about it. Yet.

"Those at the top" really weren't benefiting from any racism at the bottom. Obama ahs made sure that race is discussed, but I don't think it's helped any. Blaming cops (not all of whom have been white) for doing their jobs, rushing to judgement on certain cases and helping to perpetrate lies about individual cases that didn't involve racism at all have fueled the racial flames.

You just need to consider that people in Washington and New York were able to fool people in Missouri about events that were fictionalized to the point that those people were believing a false narrative instead of actual events. There are still thousands, if not millions of people who believe "hands up, don't shoot" actually HAPPENED! It didn't! A kid beat up and stole from a store clerk half his size, and likely suspected a cop was after him for it. Probably made him paranoid and he acted out of stupidity, trying to evade what he thought was certain arrest.

Here's another nugget of truth... when white kids do stupid things like that, they also end up shot.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:54 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bygeorge View Post
The nation has essentially a 20 trillion debt. Most of the annual budget goes for spending that is locked in by law eg. SS, Medicare etc. there is little discretionary spending. The congress and White House can argue all they want but the debt is the thousand pound gorilla in any room. There are going to be changes whether anyone likes it or agrees with it.

As for our healthcare "system" and comparing it to other countries, there are factors involved that make for faulty comparisons. Our costs are driven up by our more violent society. Treating gunshot wounds is expensive and an ER must give treatment regardless of ability to pay. So, some gangbanger shows up at an ER and the system goes to work. Australia, Canada, France etc do not have this problem. Another is our epidemic of addictions to drugs and alcohol. We excel at those. More health problems. Then there is our epidemic of diabetes because we are an obese society enjoying our triple size cola to go with our "make it huge" menus. We also refuse to accept dying. We will pay for open heart surgery on an 80 year old man with a half dozen other health problems. Absurd. But, our loads of lawyers result in defensive medicine and treatments given just to be safe. Then there is the fact that physicians get paid for procedures. Go to a dermatologist and something is going to get frozen, sliced, diced and biopsied. A can of nitrogen is a moneymaker. Lastly, our medical system is politicized such that Medicare is not allowed to negotiate drug costs so the pharmacy industry can run up the tab as they desire. For profit medicine is likely not a good idea.

Some solutions:

-- let people die and if they are lucid assist them. Palliative care only beyond a certain age.

-- admit that the war on cancer has failed mostly. Yes, some are "cured" but most are not. Chemo usually ruins the health of the patient. Been there. Disallow any treatments that do not have a cure rate of at least 75%.

-- no heroic medical intervention for hopeless cases such as birth defects, drug addicted people.

-- tax alcohol at 200%.

-- automatically disable phones when operating a vehicle

-- any crime committed with a gun carries a life sentence w/o parole. We are too squeamish to use capital punishment.

Of course by now I am labeled a nazi, a monster. None of these "ideas" have a chance. I only bring them up to accentuate that we have the idea that every problem has a solution that will take care of everyone. There is no ideal solution and politicians will never come up with one. Neither will privatizing. The growing debt though will force solutions that no one will like. Get ready for it.

Comparing the USA experience with other countries that are far less populated is a faulty comparison.

sorry but you seem to not understand how things work.

Lower population means higher per capita costs to provide healthcare, thus it is a very fair comparison...

Healthcare for 100% of Americans is in fact very affordable, yes it costs billions but it is more much affordable than fighting endless wars...

End of life care is a valid point, but we have end of life care already, we could save more if palliative care was better understood by the greater population and if people were taught that extending life by days often just results in needless suffering. education is cheap compared to spending tens of thousands to keep someone alive with zero hope of longer term survival, many EU countries are very good at allowing people to die with dignity and in relative comfort.

as to medicare not being allowed to negotiate costs, well blame the Republicans for failing to support it. They did not care how much damage they caused in thier efforts to block Obamacare, it forced Obama to cut deals instead...

We will see the republicans insist on medicare being allowed to bargain as they strive to replace Obamacare with Obamacare replica that they can claim they made.

The truth is the Republicans came up with ACA, but when a dem tried to support it, they panicked and attacked their own plan!@!

as to withholding care from people that you deem unworthy , well sooner or later that chicken comes home to roost. Your kids may well have kids that would die under your scheme, (not interested in you telling me how you are special and have super Healthcare that magically extends to everyone you ever loved)

Old 01-06-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Please - there is a crap load of fact out there. Go find them -there easy. I'm not here to educate you.

Where are your facts to a contrary POV?
ccjarider, well you made extraordinary claims, thus you need to provide support for those claims.

your failure to do so means readers should and will discount your post and other posts you make.

This is simply how discussion and debate works.

example

I claim there is a dragon standing on the moon... if i expect anyone to even discuss it , i need to provide some form of proof.

In short, you failed to provide any support thus you are wrong and that is pretty much the end of it.

Old 01-06-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
Agree.
Ain't gonna happen.
Not with this entitled, leftist elite crowd that despite all the evidence, still thinks Obama was good for America.

Remember all the talk about Trump unleashing hate. Interesting how quiet these people are this week about the Obama inspired hate crime perpetrated in Chicago this week.

You have no evidence that shows Obama did poorly.

In fact there is plenty to show that he did fine given the circumstances. Furthermore we can clearly see that we did much better than many other nations that suffered the economic destruction caused by the Bush administration's failure to regulate and control both housing and investment markets.

http://www.economist.com/news/united...america-faring

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...onomy-is-worse

State of the Union: Did President Obama Really Dig Us Out of the Great Recession?

The U.S. Recovered From The Recession Faster Than Every Country But Germany | The Huffington Post

There are plenty of quality publications that agree. Obama and the USA as a whole managed the crisis vastly better than the EU and better than many impacted nations.

For many poeple the pain is still here, but the USA did very well avoiding the second recession that the EU did not avoid.

I know the alt right Republicans absolutely HATE that we did well with a black leader, but we did and unless you can find high quality publications showing the USA did worse you stand corrected.

WHat is very clear to me is that you ( cjarider) simply want to pretend Obama did poorly when all the data shows he did very well, and did so under very extreme conditions.. Must suck to be so wrong..

Old 01-06-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post

Here's another nugget of truth... when white kids do stupid things like that, they also end up shot.

NOPE. white people are less often shot than black people when the numbers are normalised . It is really easy, if you are non white you are at greater risk no matter how you act or what you have or have not done.

There are plenty of sources too... just google who gets shot most by police, it will show you that proportionately blacks get shot more.... pretty simple really..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin