Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 01:54 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Yes, there are problems with the ACA. Too bad congress refused to address improvements and only would allow just throwing it out. We should have gone with universal single payer to begin with.
Exactly. The Republicn's "solution" usually involves "throwing the baby out with the bath water"

Now, if it were an embryo, they might react differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 05:21 PM

346 posts, read 463,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Yes, there are problems with the ACA. Too bad congress refused to address improvements and only would allow just throwing it out. We should have gone with universal single payer to begin with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
It should be thrown out. $800/month is apparently what constitutes "Affordable Care" for a guy with no health issues. I'm sure it's my fault somehow because the plan I had last year was $320 or whatever... now just short of $800. That's an "affordable" rate hike, wouldn't you agree?

Oh and I think the deductible is $7500, but who's counting?

Then there are the choices. One insurer, three horrendous plans!

Anyone else have a spare $17k in premiums and deductibles just sitting around collecting dust waiting for an "affordable care" option to empty your pockets?

Did you even bother to read G Grasshopper's reply?

Old 01-22-2017, 08:00 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,125 times
Paul Ryan is more of a democrat, he seems to side with the left. He should be forced to resign.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:43 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Paul Ryan is more of a democrat, he seems to side with the left. He should be forced to resign.
Now there is a well-informed voter right there.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:47 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Yeah, what a smokin deal Obamacare is! The "affordable" care act with "choices" for coverage. My premiums went up an affordable $429 this year. Or was it $459? I don't even remember or care at this point. Apparently the underwriting losses were so catastrophic in my home county that all of the insurers pulled out except for one, leaving us with basically no "choice". One other private non-marketplace policy is available, but in that case, it costs just as much.
you are confused , nobody is claiming it is a smoking deal, what we are claiming is that it is vastly better than what we had before.

And of course it should be improved, but that is NOT what the republicans are doing. They want to take away your pre existing condition protection. They want to put back the lifetime caps so that you could lose your house when your insurance runs out and nobody will give a new policy...

As to your insurance costing so much.... well here are the facts 75% of ACA users pay $100 a month of less.

let that sink in, and then ask yourself did your governor block aca , did your state refuse fed funding..

Ask yourself, did your red state leaders decide to break it in your state and costs you thousands just so that they could make you hate it....

Oh and if you are healthy and paying $500 a month on ACA, why are you doing that? There are plenty of private NON ACA insurers who would love to take less than $500 a month and provide good coverage.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:03 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I think non-partisan organizations and groups need to find solutions that seem to work in most other countries that don't involve people paying ridiculous insurance costs. We all know that fewer competing insurance companies mean higher costs within a market pool, but there doesn't seem to be any workaround solutions when competition among providers becomes more limited in local markets, resulting in even higher costs and less consumer choice. This needs to be a priority to solve correctly, Americans deserve better.
The solution that is used in every other first world country besides ours is universal healthcare. Insurance companies don't exist. No one gets denied health care due to income, there are no bankruptcies due to expensive medical bills, and everyone is treated regardless of their health problems. But I don't think that's what Ryan and the Republicans have in mind.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:01 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,444,730 times
Straight from Paul Ryans' mouth in a recent interview with Charlie Rose.

" Trump and I share a mutual understanding. We have no interest in " the public's opinion".

So no need to write him or address him. He has no accountability to your public concerns.

Typical though for a capitalist to reap the money...
Then turn around and reinvent the wheel. And the public citizen is the one left paying up.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:49 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Straight from Paul Ryans' mouth in a recent interview with Charlie Rose.

" Trump and I share a mutual understanding. We have no interest in " the public's opinion".

So no need to write him or address him. He has no accountability to your public concerns.

Typical though for a capitalist to reap the money...
Then turn around and reinvent the wheel. And the public citizen is the one left paying up.
If Paul Ryan has no use for the public's opinion, he should resign from his position and go back into the real world and earn a living- leaving a more qualified candidate to take his place. He is a big reason why politicians are not respected.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:06 PM

459 posts, read 474,825 times
Representative (R-WI 1st District) since 2015
Paul Ryan (R–Janesville)
Racine also lies in House Speaker Paul Ryan's district

Those in that district need to vote him out!

Old 01-23-2017, 07:41 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Now there is a well-informed voter right there.
Maybe I should of said he is a Rino, maybe you would've understood that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin