Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 11:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,178 times

Advertisements

Those commercials are awful! Wisconsin is THE dairy state and always will be I don't even know why they are bothering. I know Wisconsin would never bother retaliating with their own commercials but me and some of my friends brainstormed one day and came up with some ideas for commercials to show the true suffering of the cows in California.
For example:
Cows running from wildfires.
Cows sliding in landslides.
Cows falling in crack from earthquake.
Cows crossing road and being hit by Paris Hilton.
Cows being benched by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Cows passing out from heatstroke.
Cows brains melting from hearing surfers talk.
Cows getting lost in smog.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:34 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,524,687 times
Great Post wildernessfluff. Those would be great especially the Paris Hilton one.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:48 AM

1 posts, read 3,540 times
Default thank you

i live in wisconsin and every time i see those california cheese commercials it drives me insane. that they even show those in the cheese capital should be forbidden.....all i have to say is that at least our cows dont have to worry about all of those earthquakes and fires!

Old 07-23-2008, 09:09 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,756,827 times
This California Cow commercial drives me nuts. I like the Wisconsin cow better, she's nicer - 'don'tcha know.' I think they should rename them "bitchy cows."

YouTube - Happy Cow

Old 07-25-2008, 09:03 AM

746 posts, read 2,175,459 times
Default WI dairy farmers need to retaliate!

Don't we have our own state dairy marketing board? I'd love it if they would take actual video of CA dairy operations and video of actual WI dairy operations and show them in a nationwide commercial. From what I've been told, CA cows don't get to wander around in a pasture like the ones in WI do. I grew up around small dairy farms, those cows have a pretty easy life.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:12 AM

656 posts, read 1,309,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessfluff View Post
Those commercials are awful! Wisconsin is THE dairy state and always will be I don't even know why they are bothering. I know Wisconsin would never bother retaliating with their own commercials but me and some of my friends brainstormed one day and came up with some ideas for commercials to show the true suffering of the cows in California.
For example:
Cows running from wildfires.
Cows sliding in landslides.
Cows falling in crack from earthquake.
Cows crossing road and being hit by Paris Hilton.
Cows being benched by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Cows passing out from heatstroke.
Cows brains melting from hearing surfers talk.
Cows getting lost in smog.
that's pretty good. it made me laugh.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:13 AM

195 posts, read 515,275 times
Don't you all know that California cows all have tattoos, piercings and drive lifted 4x4's? The one thing I do know when I went to WI I never saw any cows in any great quantities outside. I was really suprised with it being the dairy state and never seeing any cows. I was born and raised in CA and always saw huge dairy farms and hundreds if not thousands of cows out grazing. But really everyone cheese is cheese to speake of on commercial brand level. I can't tell the difference between Ca cheese and Wi cheese if I didn't see the label. It's all in fun.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:15 AM

656 posts, read 1,309,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-mac View Post
Don't you all know that California cows all have tattoos, piercings and drive lifted 4x4's? The one thing I do know when I went to WI I never saw any cows in any great quantities outside. I was really suprised with it being the dairy state and never seeing any cows. I was born and raised in CA and always saw huge dairy farms and hundreds if not thousands of cows out grazing. But really everyone cheese is cheese to speake of on commercial brand level. I can't tell the difference between Ca cheese and Wi cheese if I didn't see the label. It's all in fun.
OMG!! that's BLASPHEMY! you're gonna get it

Old 07-27-2008, 10:18 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,604,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonM View Post
OMG!! that's BLASPHEMY! you're gonna get it

HA! lol No difference eh?

Old 08-23-2008, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 3,362 times
Default California Cows

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Copy of note I sent to [EMAIL="askus@realcaliforniamilk.com"]askus@realcaliforniamilk.com[/EMAIL] in response to their Wisconsin advertising campaign:

Your ads running in Wisconsin about "Real California Milk" with unbelievable pastoral background photography are enough to make me puke.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Having lived in California back in the mid 60's when California was just starting high volume milk production, this is not just an idle observation.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I've seen the "Cow Lots" where all the feed was brought in for the milking operation. Pastures! California doesn't know the meaning of the word.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]The fact that you've got enough balls or stupidity or both to run your ridiculous ads in Wisconsin amazes me. That on top of the really dumb ad where you are better than baseball because of a few losers and yet lie through your teeth in your "Happy Cows" ads. That's really nice.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Rest assured, myself and most that I know make sure our dairy products come only from Wisconsin.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]
Here's some cut and paste info for you.
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Factory farms are a major source of [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]E. coli [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]contamination,[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Vander Eyk Jr. Dairy in Pixley, California, has been forced to suspend selling phony organic milk procured from factory farm operations.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Calif. leads the nation in pollution from factory farms. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Where is that in your ad? I understand it's not California's problem alone but when you're 5 times the amount of the 2nd place state (WI) but not 5 times ahead in production, (Calif. is ranked 40% higher than WI) what does that tell you. Factory Farms is what it tells you. Not peacefully grazing contented milk cows in unbelievably green grassy fields with blue skies and white puffy clouds overhead. More like overpopulated cow lots, covered in manure and you can't see your neighbor because of the smog.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Your ad agency has to be the biggest pack of money hungry small minds but of course you had to approve it.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin