U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 09:27 PM

13 posts, read 39,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseydking View Post
Hi! I lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for 4 years getting my degree. I worked in West Bend which is close by and it is country suburban feel. I don't know much about cost of living there but it seems reasonable to any suburban midwest town. A lot of people I went to school with were from Wauwatosa, Waukesha, Appleton, Meqoun. A city to look into which has a good feel is Delafield/Pewaukee. Madison is a nice city and lots of job opportunities, although part of the city is a college town which is quiet during the summer months. I loved living in Milwaukee. Hope this helps!
yes it does. thank you so much.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 09:15 AM

2,116 posts, read 2,361,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbethanie02 View Post
Oh geez. Here we go. Ok we did our research from here, visited for a couple of weeks. Just wanted input from locals if you're not from area no need to comment. As far as survival,we have an abundance of resources so not worried about living day to day. I'm in the medical field and husband is in marketing and promotions. Not worried about finding work. Even if we have to drive a ways. We wouldn't be going if we couldn't support ourselves. Duh...
Good luck. I am glad to hear the jobs are in place and you have what you are looking for. In my first response I attempted to offer some insight and this was your (snarky) response. Perhaps before you come back a month later to review the responses that apparently weren't all that urgent to you anyway, you could re-read your own comment and consider the fact that you came off pretty sharp too.

Since we never did get any information on where you were coming from or what the comparisons were regarding size of community, COL, or educational systems, I hope they are all that you hope for and you find happily-ever-after. Just one suggestion; when you arrive, don't roll they eyes and use phrases like the bold print above. It won't be well received in small town living.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:42 AM

562 posts, read 290,582 times
My sister lives in Plymouth. Nice small town feel. I like walking around and looking at all the old homes. Her kids went to school there and enjoyed the experience. Plymouth is not far from Sheboygan.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 650 times
I would never ever ever live in Sheboygan. I live in Cedarburg. I grew up in Manitowoc. I can't stand people in Sheboygan. They're all rude as f+×÷. I think they have a drug problem too. So if you want to move to an area that only has hillbillies, drug addicts, and soft core gangbangers by all means. I've seen the quality of people in that city gradually decline over the last decade. I don't know if it will be like Gary Indiana in 30 years but it wouldn't surprise me. The cost of living is affordable because the town is a sh#: hole. Maybe I've just gotten used to Ozaukee county, who knows.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:18 AM

656 posts, read 1,200,565 times
What the heck is going on? She wanted some answers about a City and didn't want to give out personal info and now she's being called a Troll etc. Sounds like some of you are being kind of sensitive and looking for a fight. Just answer the question or don't but stop looking for a fight. I'm sure i'll be called something derogatory now too. But such is the way with Internet bullies

Old 09-03-2020, 08:43 AM
sub

2,616 posts, read 1,132,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonM View Post
What the heck is going on? She wanted some answers about a City and didn't want to give out personal info and now she's being called a Troll etc. Sounds like some of you are being kind of sensitive and looking for a fight. Just answer the question or don't but stop looking for a fight. I'm sure i'll be called something derogatory now too. But such is the way with Internet bullies
Everyone on this thread has long since moved on from it, but, I do agree that the negative responses were bizarre, ridiculous, and uncalled for.
Some almost sounded like drunk-posting.
Thankfully, real-life Wisconsin is nothing like that. Funny thing, the internet.
From what I know about Sheboygan is that it seems like a scale model of a bigger city. Trying to compare it to an affluent suburban area of Milwaukee is really a bad comparison. Trying to compare it's job offerings to a much larger city also misses the mark. For a town of 50k, it seems to do quite well although I don't know that it's growing much.
It has many really nice neighborhoods and some that could use some sprucing up and a whole lot in between. Nothing seems terribly blighted or abandoned.
The people can come across as kinda redneck or almost sophisticated... again, everything in between as well. Sheboygan is racially, politically, and socioeconomically diverse.
Compared to a lot of similarly sized towns around the country, it punches well above it's weight in amenities. Retail and dining options are decent, but could be better.
Very affordable. We once considered buy a house either there, Two Rivers, or Kewaunee because you can find a nice little house just a block or two from Lake Michigan for 100k-150k and still be in a good neighborhood. Only houses directly on the lake are more consistently expensive... by local standards anyway.
I know this is too-little too-late for the long-gone OP, but the Wisconsin forum isn't particularly active so I thought I'd add to it a little...

Old 09-03-2020, 09:18 AM

2,335 posts, read 911,574 times
sub, I TOTALLY agree that for an entire State of Wisconsin, it is pretty inactive!!

Hence, I post primarily in ILLINOIS!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin